Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Changing engine mounts - 2011 v6

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 01:59 PM
mdistel
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

That's interesting, what year is your VR6? I have that noticeable brief vibration when coming to a stop on our new CPO 2016 VR6 and I also noticed a wahh wahh sound that went away when plugging the PCV valve hole, the dealer agreed with me and are replacing the PCV/valve cover - hope to finally get it back on Mon. If the vibrations aren't gone I'll pursue the engine mounts. 2009 VR6 seems good now but I'll be replacing the suspension on it later this month.

​​​​​​Mark

[​​​​QUOTE=v0dka;18571093]Yes absolutely. In my case, I had a vacuum leak AND shot mounts!

Engine mount symptoms were a harsh vibration felt through the chassis of the vehicle, noticeably worse when putting the shifter into reverse. Also when slowing down to a stop, there was a short, strong vibration felt just before bringing the vehicle to a stop. This has all cleared up with the new mounts.

I also had a hole in the plastic breather hose on the passenger side of the engine that revealed itself when it started dripping oil onto the exhaust. I temporarily repaired this hose and ordered a new one from the dealer (approx $70, quite reasonable). My Cayenne is around 77k miles.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-14-2023, 02:25 PM
v0dka
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdistel
That's interesting, what year is your VR6? I have that noticeable brief vibration when coming to a stop on our new CPO 2016 VR6 and I also noticed a wahh wahh sound that went away when plugging the PCV valve hole, the dealer agreed with me and are replacing the PCV/valve cover - hope to finally get it back on Mon. If the vibrations aren't gone I'll pursue the engine mounts. 2009 VR6 seems good now but I'll be replacing the suspension on it later this month.

​​​​​​Mark
Mine is a 2014. Apparently that vibration when coming to a stop is the telltale for engine mounts. I described the symptoms to a longtime mechanic friend of mine and he immediately knew that I needed to replace them. Luckily they are less than $200 for the kit, even better if you can get them under warranty.

Quick Reply: Changing engine mounts - 2011 v6