Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Changing the battery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 07:54 PM
J. H
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a shop with the words "Werks" as part of their name. They charge about $150/200 per hour. It usually takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hours to complete with battery programming. So its usually about $175-250 for labor. They are not really fussy about parts being brought, as long as it is straight forward stuff. Like cabin filter/air filter/oil changes/light bulbs. I brought in car last year for brakes. I provided them with the rotors and pads. I bought the brake sensors and small parts from them. Saved about $500 in labor costs using genuine porsche parts.
Old 02-15-2023, 02:07 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I could not find any code on my battery that I installed. I took a picture of it, ut not sure what to type in to recode it. It is an AGm H9 if anyoe has a code I can use that would be great.
Old 02-15-2023, 07:56 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I used them a year ago December or so to replace my battery- I didn't want to figure out the seat and then haul the 50# battery. They also reprogramed the battery. They seem confident and I watched Eric work on a 356. He has an 0 2 device to tune the carbs after balancing them- I was impressed. I used to work on 356's and after using a uni sinc we would tune by ear. I suspect now we could hook up an electric tach and watch the needle as we tuned the carbs. If I remember right there were two mixture ***** for each carburetor on Solexes, probably the same on Webers. I have also used a shop in Oakland for routine oil changes- funky old time shop but has been around for awhile. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Changing the battery?