Sponsored By:

P0269 Cylinder 3 Code

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 09:44 AM
tmike
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0269 Cylinder 3 Code

Hi guys, I just bought a used 2013 Cayenne Diesel with 126k miles on it. I pulled a 2,200 LB camper with it for 2 hours to the campsite with no problems. On the way back just before getting on the highway, I pulled over to take a quick look at the trailer without shutting the car off. Right as I got on the on-ramp, the glow-plug light started flashing and the car lost most of its power. I limped until the next exit and stopped at a gas station and scanned for codes. Initially I got codes P2201 - Nitrogen oxides (NOx) sensor, bank 1 - range/performance problem, P0269 - Cylinder 3 - contribution/balance fault, and P0087 Fuel rail/system pressure too low. After clearing the codes and restarting the car the glow-plug light stopped flashing and power was restored to the car.

After I got home and scanned for codes again, P2201 and P0087 did not come back but P0239 now says permanent. Went to the dealership for 2 recalls and had them check the codes but all they did was reset it and told me to go back if the codes came back. I would just go back except the dealership is 3.5 hours away, does anyone have any comments on this issue?

I would like to add that another code, P245B - EGR cooler bypass valve - control circuit range/performance had been there since I bought the car and they reset that too but it's also back.

Quick Reply: P0269 Cylinder 3 Code