Air Suspension Clarification for a Noob

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 04:27 AM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Air Suspension Clarification for a Noob

Hi guys,

First time venturing into the Pepper forum as I mostly hang out in the air cooled 993 section of rennlist but I hope you guys can help me out with something I can't quite figure out.

My current daily is a 2006 V8 Touareg that's been amazingly solid for me. It's getting to 200k KMs now slowly starting to show its age. Starting to get some issues with my air suspension as well and that got me to thinking about a replacement.

I've started researching Cayennes and air suspension is on my must have list. So far I've narrowed it down to either a Cayenne S eHybrid or a Diesel with air suspension. The thing I can't figure out is that the eHybrids I look at online that say they have air suspension show a completely different switch arrangement on the center console than their Cayenne S counterparts.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?
Old 08-09-2020, 10:09 AM
tmckenna
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

I dont know the answer to your question off hand so I took a second to look around and see if i could figure it out. Not sure if it helps, but this e hybrid has the air suspension option with the control dial in the same spot as all the others. Looks like "transmission mode" is not a selectable option on the ehybrids so that section is all blank.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...?aff=fbsharapp
Old 08-09-2020, 11:23 AM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you for this. I think it clears things up, the ones I was looking at actually all did not have air suspension just PASM with sport plus. Search results went from 30+ down to 3 lol.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Clarification for a Noob