2013 Cayenne Diesel Valve body replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 04:18 AM
vvredd
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 Cayenne Diesel Valve body replacement

Dear Experts,

The dealer has determined that the transmission valve body in my car needs to be replaced. The car is in India and the approximate price i got quoted was $ 6700/-. I can source the part my self and do the job myself at about 50% of the cost but I am not sure if any coding needs to be done and I do not have access to PIWIS.

Does anyone know if any coding has to be done when the valve body is replaced or is it just plug and play? The Porsche part number for the valve body is 958-325-039-10.

The Audi part number for the valve body is 0C8-325-039 and is significantly cheaper than the Porsche branded part even though it is the same transmission in the Q7 and Q5 diesel. Can I use the Audi part instead of the Porsche part? Has anyone here done it before?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2020, 10:13 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Transmission valve body? Wow.. I haven't read of anything like that here. Do you know what caused the failure?

The VW Touareg (2011+ in the USA) TDI also shares the same transmission, so you might have even better luck going that route for the part.

I certainly can't say if there are any differences between the Porsche valve body and the VW (or Audi) part. I do know some folks have put the Porsche transmission control computer into the VW's and it works perfectly for them. (No surprise, the Porsche programming is more sport-oriented)

Good luck!

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne Diesel Valve body replacement