Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Best cayenne for towing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 12:28 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

It does not matter much to us weekend warriors. The biggest difference in mpg is when towing. I get 17mpg when towing with my CD. However, if you tow often, then you should be looking at buying a 3/4 ton to 1 ton truck instead. Agree above that heat generation and part longevity is an issue if you tow often.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:55 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Diesel for towing.

Problem is, even the 2016's are getting on to 4-5 years old, though still young, they are aging though very gracefully.

Diesel is nice as not having to stop for fuel as often is big.

Diesel is nice as the motor hardly strains and runs as smooth as can be, even with a 7,000 lb load.

My boat trailer has four surge stainless steel brakes and the enclosed snowmobile/dirtbike trailer has four electric drum brakes so stopping with a trailer will be a wash as no one is hauling down the back straight into a chicane with a trailer at all. Braking and controlling either trailer is easy up to the tow-limit.

30 mpg hwy with no trailer and then 13-15 mpg with a 7,000 load/boat and right around 15-17 mpg for the snowmobile trailer is pretty darned good and like many, I don't really care what fuel costs because I sure ain't walkin'. The range and not having to stop are nice.

If I did not have to tow, I doubt I'd have this diesel Cayenne but it tows brilliantly. It is a much nicer truck compared to the VW Touareg TDI that VW had bought back from me.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:01 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 270 Posts

Cd for towing in my opinion, IF you're towing any real distance. Not having to stop is awesome. Power is fantastic in stock form, and ever better with a tune and deletes (I need to do this.) PASM was a must for me. So I had to search far and wide. Took about three months, and had to fly, literally across the country, to purchase and then drive it home. Been extremely reliable and maintenance is cheap, in my opinion. Whenever it's time to replace, since diesel is no longer an option, will likely get a turbo, but I'll miss the diesel.

Cw

Quick Reply: Best cayenne for towing?