Sponsored By:

Emergency Flashers

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 01:58 PM
markmac159
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emergency Flashers

Hi all, I'm a new Porsche owner. Was lucky to find a 2013 Cayenne Turbo with only 22k miles on it last November. There is one thing that's bothering me, and that's that the emergency flashers will come on about a minute after I lock the car. Sometimes when I use the button on the door handle but almost always when I use the fob. Also some times there is an audible beep (2 times) when locking and then no sound the next time. Lately the button on the door doesn't always activate the locking system on the first try either. What used to work was unlocking the car with the fob to turn off the flashers and then letting the car self lock afterwards. That doesn't work all the time either. Another thing contributing to the mystery is the wind. these issues have been noticeable when it's been very windy outside, but not exclusively. My thought was, is the motion detector that sensitive that the wind was setting off the security system? The local dealer had, also my local indy hooked up what looked like a very expensive scanner to look for any codes, could not find anything, but was able to find another issue not related to the locking / security system, and fixed it.I have spent many hours looking through this forum for an answer for this, but haven't found anything. It's possible I may have missed something. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-25-2020, 01:09 AM
Leadfoot_mf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Could be related to this
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...nne-turbo.html
Old 04-25-2020, 11:04 AM
kvec
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey Mark,

A bunch of us have had this issue. Your Alarm Siren is likely bad and needs to be replaced. It's about a $30 part and a few hours' worth of work if you're mildly technically inclined. Do some searching around "Alarm Siren" and you'll get it.

Separately, the door handle button lock issue could be either a bad locking mechanism (tends to go bad on the passenger rear door) or a shorted button itself. If your mechanic hooked up a scanner and didn't find a code, it's less likely to be a shorted button (typically throws a code). The button may just be going bad over time as well. All four of the buttons on my 2011 CTT are bad/shorted.

Good luck!
Ken
Old 04-25-2020, 12:36 PM
markmac159
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kvec
Hey Mark,

A bunch of us have had this issue. Your Alarm Siren is likely bad and needs to be replaced. It's about a $30 part and a few hours' worth of work if you're mildly technically inclined. Do some searching around "Alarm Siren" and you'll get it.

Separately, the door handle button lock issue could be either a bad locking mechanism (tends to go bad on the passenger rear door) or a shorted button itself. If your mechanic hooked up a scanner and didn't find a code, it's less likely to be a shorted button (typically throws a code). The button may just be going bad over time as well. All four of the buttons on my 2011 CTT are bad/shorted.

Good luck!
Ken
Thanks Ken, I’ll be digging into that soon.
Mark
Old 04-25-2020, 01:08 PM
Pmorritt
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts

Ive had several SUV’s and whistling wind noise while driving is due to the wind catching roof rails. Either move them fore or aft or remove them altogether.

Quick Reply: Emergency Flashers