2016 Cayenne 3.0 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 10:21 AM
nickyboyc
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016 Cayenne 3.0 Diesel

Hi Everyone,
I recently replaced the rear tyres with Yokohama Advan Sport v105 N2 295/35R21 107Y. 3 months and 2000 miles later they are down to the legal limit. I am not chasing around in the car either and often the car is loaded with family.
I had the tracking checked and it was out so had it corrected.
My question is if the tracking is out and I don't think it was out by much would it destroy two rear tyres in 2000 miles?
Does anyone have any thought about these Yokohama tyres?
Is there a recommendation for tyres that are longer lasting?

I have spoken to the people who fitted the tyres and they have said they can send them off to the manufacturer but I will need to purchase two new rear tyres in the mean time and possibly I might get my money back if the manufacturer sees the original tyres are faulty.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:40 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Perhaps repalcing just 2 tires is the problem. Maybe rolling diameter different than fronts? Honestly, I haven't replaced just 2 tires in almost 50 years...always do 4 at a time.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:51 AM
carsandcapp
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by nickyboyc
Hi Everyone,
I recently replaced the rear tyres with Yokohama Advan Sport v105 N2 295/35R21 107Y. 3 months and 2000 miles later they are down to the legal limit. I am not chasing around in the car either and often the car is loaded with family.
I had the tracking checked and it was out so had it corrected.
My question is if the tracking is out and I don't think it was out by much would it destroy two rear tyres in 2000 miles?
Does anyone have any thought about these Yokohama tyres?
Is there a recommendation for tyres that are longer lasting?

I have spoken to the people who fitted the tyres and they have said they can send them off to the manufacturer but I will need to purchase two new rear tyres in the mean time and possibly I might get my money back if the manufacturer sees the original tyres are faulty.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
That looks to be a sticky tire. The UTQG rating is 240 - not great. Why not a get something in the All-Season Touring category with a higher UTQG rating?. Make sure you chhose the orrect size tire as the rating can vary by size. Like this:https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-g055
Old 04-30-2020, 11:22 AM
brandonecpt
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by carsandcapp
That looks to be a sticky tire. The UTQG rating is 240 - not great. Why not a get something in the All-Season Touring category with a higher UTQG rating?. Make sure you chhose the orrect size tire as the rating can vary by size. Like this:https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-g055
I see Yokohama's site rating them at 280, but the point still stands. With a rating that low it's probably plenty grippy, but on a car this heavy it's not going to last long, especially when your alignment is off.

Go with a Michelin PS4S if you want a great performing tire.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:46 AM
Leadfoot_mf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I have oem continentals on mine so far 5k haven't noticed much wear but all hwy miles
Old 05-01-2020, 09:32 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 76 Posts

As was said, those are sticky tires, but it couldn't hurt to get a 4-wheel alignment done and see how far out it is before making adjustments.. 2000 miles is what I'd expect with a UTQG of under 100 (AKA an autocross tire being driven on the street like a Toyo R888), but those should go I'd think 8-10k at least.

Quick Reply: 2016 Cayenne 3.0 Diesel