Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

958.2 S/GTS Diverter valve-vent to atmosphere?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 01:58 AM
John Young
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 958.2 S/GTS Diverter valve-vent to atmosphere?

I will do a write up on swapping the diverter valves on my 2015 Cayenne S with the 3.6L V6 twin turbo at a later date. I installed the Forge Diverter kit that is available for the Cayenne Turbo. I followed https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...placement.html but found the diverters are not in the same place as the Turbo. It took a while to figure it out and the drivers side took forever. Question: Does this car not have a MAF? I looked at all the piping/intake/IC and was digging online- I don't see a MAF on the engine- is that right?

I was under the impression it may have a MAF, but saw it's a MAP based engine. This means I can vent to atmosphere without any issue to the system since its MAP based. Anyone able to confirm?

The base V6 definitely uses a MAF, but not sure on the Cayenne Turbo. I know some are not a fan, but I am used to having BOVs on my turbo cars and love the BOV sound. Boost is currently holding much better than the leaking factory diverters. They were fine until I tuned the car, experienced leaking diverters and the 'honking' that are normally discussed by the Cayenne Turbos with tunes. After the upgrade, the cayenne pulls harder and smooth.

Old 05-02-2023, 07:26 PM
zamoralesh
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get access from to the DV's? Was it from the Top? I am planning to tackle this next weekend so any pointer would be helpful.

Quick Reply: 958.2 S/GTS Diverter valve-vent to atmosphere?