Sponsored By:

PASM Refresh?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 05:15 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 655 Likes on 287 Posts
Default PASM Refresh?

So my 2011 has PASM but no air suspension. It currently has over 83,000 miles on it and the shocks are starting to feel "soft". I have been looking around and it appears that I cannot upgrade the "shocks". Can anyone else confirm this? If that's the case, is my only option new OEM replacements? I like the PASM system and do not want to get rid of it, just trying to figure out my options. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-08-2020, 06:44 PM
gabylonfive
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spyderbret
So my 2011 has PASM but no air suspension. It currently has over 83,000 miles on it and the shocks are starting to feel "soft". I have been looking around and it appears that I cannot upgrade the "shocks". Can anyone else confirm this? If that's the case, is my only option new OEM replacements? I like the PASM system and do not want to get rid of it, just trying to figure out my options. Thanks in advance!!!
I'm interested in this as well. My research only seems to come up with non-PASM shocks or air shocks. The usual sources (rmeuro, fcp, etc.) only seem to stock non-PASM and air shocks. I'm around the same mileage so I'd like to know what I'd be looking at for a refresh once the time comes.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:03 AM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

So I stopped by my local dealership and talked to my SA. Basically if you have the PASM you can only replace with OEM PASM parts. You cant change out the shocks due to them being part of the whole unit and computer controlled. You can pull it all and go steel like some do when the air suspension fails but there are no upgrade options with PASM. Honestly mine feel pretty good now so I'm not in a rush to do anything but I was hoping there were more options. And of course he suggested if one goes out to replace in pairs or ideally, replace them all to the tune of over $5k..... Gotta love Porsche.....
Old 01-09-2020, 04:36 PM
mobius911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Are they rebuildable from the OEM supplier? Bilstein, for example, offers rebuild service on many shocks, although they may have some agreement with Porsche that precludes that on these shocks.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:39 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mobius911
Are they rebuildable from the OEM supplier? Bilstein, for example, offers rebuild service on many shocks, although they may have some agreement with Porsche that precludes that on these shocks.
That's an interesting question. I did not ask this time but will next time I'm there......

Quick Reply: PASM Refresh?