Sponsored By:

Alarm "beep beep" cadence meaning slow and fast

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 12:50 PM
wisstx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm "beep beep" cadence meaning slow and fast

When I arm my 2016 Cayenne, it always blinks the lights and usually does a slow "beep beep" audio sound from the siren. This is normal behavior. Once a day sometimes more often, sometimes less, I get a faster beep, beep. For the life of me, I cannot explain why. The dealership has no idea and can't recreate it on demand.

Any idea what the car is trying to alert me to? There is nothing different in the two videos. I just started filming every time I armed the car and was able to catch a fast beep. I un-armed it, open the door and re-armed it and filmed the slow Slow beep beep. All doors and windows, hood and trunk is closed.

In the video I put the normal beep beep first and then the fast one...
or click on the attached movie.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Attached Files
Old 11-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

I've experienced it, and can't figure out why sometimes it's slow or fast... Maybe the first beep acknowledges the arming request and the second is confirmation that everything is armed after all the doors and such are checked?
Old 11-05-2019, 06:05 PM
wisstx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No order

Thanks for the theory. Sometimes the first beeps are fast other times they are slow...

I have actually also experienced it via the hatch/trunk buttons. (when arming via the close & arm button on the trunk); I have heard the fast beeps.

I checked that all the doors are locked. One person thought it might be a lock solenoid not fully latching. Besides the doors not being locked, how would you know?

It’s bothering the OCD part of my mind!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:34 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

I hated the beeps and had the dealer turn them off for me. Curious to know if I'd be missing the system detecting a locking failure...

Quick Reply: Alarm "beep beep" cadence meaning slow and fast