Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne S E-Hybrid opinions or advice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 10:13 AM
NakCY8
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne S E-Hybrid opinions or advice?

Hi Guys, first Post here. Been doing a lot of reading on the Cayenne behind the scene. Seriously considering a 2016 - 2018 Cayenne S E-Hybrid (PHEV) as i want to try the technology for daily use. My current lease will be finishing by next year. Would like to get your suggestions if I may. Pretty much have all the information on the E-Hybrid but would just like to get opinions from others who has experience or have experienced owning said trim. Current lease is a 2017 MDX.

Moderator pls move to correct group if needed.

Thank you for any inputs you might have.

Regards,
Ben

Last edited by NakCY8; 10-29-2019 at 01:17 PM. Reason: added input
Old 10-29-2019, 01:41 PM
vwbrd
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

I will tell you what I decided when I was looking for them. The 2016s were getting near to my price range, but I couldn't justify it. The all electric range is not enough to make up any kind of fuel savings. But I did test drive one and really liked the rush, but could tell it was heavier than the base I had also tested. I considered buying a private owner SEH in Atlanta and was calling around to the local dealers to see if they did PPIs (they don't) and getting the vehicle history. One of the service advisors said his advice was NEVER buy one of the e-hybrids without a warranty, that they had seen too many issues. Anecdotal evidence, sure, but it scared me off/confirmed my reservations. I did like that they all seemed to come with PASM, but not with everything--the one I drove did not have back up camera. Seriously.
The following users liked this post:
NakCY8 (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 04:08 PM
NakCY8
5th Gear

Originally Posted by vwbrd
I will tell you what I decided when I was looking for them. The 2016s were getting near to my price range, but I couldn't justify it. The all electric range is not enough to make up any kind of fuel savings. But I did test drive one and really liked the rush, but could tell it was heavier than the base I had also tested. I considered buying a private owner SEH in Atlanta and was calling around to the local dealers to see if they did PPIs (they don't) and getting the vehicle history. One of the service advisors said his advice was NEVER buy one of the e-hybrids without a warranty, that they had seen too many issues. Anecdotal evidence, sure, but it scared me off/confirmed my reservations. I did like that they all seemed to come with PASM, but not with everything--the one I drove did not have back up camera. Seriously.
Appreciate the response Sir, I can see where you coming from. Most of my commute is taking my wife to work to which 6 miles each way 3 times a week, mostly short commute drives, once in a while go to Monticello or NJ. I think EV range should be enough for my needs and if would like to have some fun, put it in "Sport" mode. As for Extended Warranty, it is always a must most of the time when it comes to German makes, we have experience on that first hand due to owning MB's through the years when my Dad was still here. I always looks at the Porsche Pre-owned portal and not all of the options I want is available, with all dealers listed. Your last comment kind of gave me pause, might be open now to a Turbo version or just get me an Audi Q7. Wife likes the room on the SUV's

Thanks..
Old 10-29-2019, 10:59 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 175 Posts

Skip it. My wife has a S eHybrid Panamera, and we have had more issues with the hybrid system than I care for. It took a while for them to figure it out. Once it's out of warranty, those hybrid parts are really expensive. We are going to buy a Fidelity warranty, because she doesn't like the new Panamera. If you want great mileage go diesel. If that's not important go fuel burner.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:04 AM
NakCY8
5th Gear

Originally Posted by mafpolo
Skip it. My wife has a S eHybrid Panamera, and we have had more issues with the hybrid system than I care for. It took a while for them to figure it out. Once it's out of warranty, those hybrid parts are really expensive. We are going to buy a Fidelity warranty, because she doesn't like the new Panamera. If you want great mileage go diesel. If that's not important go fuel burner.
Thanks Mafpolo, hmm, might have to re-evaluate then, will look at a CPO Turbo or might go Audi Q7 . Wife is showing interest in the Q7, we'll see ...

Thanks Guys!!
Old 10-30-2019, 06:24 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

I'm in the same boat. My wife's 957 CTT is getting old and I want to replace it with either a 2016+ 3.6TT S or an SEH.
Her current 957 TT gets 8.5mpg in city driving so an SEH would be a major improvement. I don't care about the money it costs to run but it gets old quickly with trips to the gas station every 180 miles.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:44 PM
vwbrd
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
I'm in the same boat. My wife's 957 CTT is getting old and I want to replace it with either a 2016+ 3.6TT S or an SEH.
Her current 957 TT gets 8.5mpg in city driving so an SEH would be a major improvement. I don't care about the money it costs to run but it gets old quickly with trips to the gas station every 180 miles.
I considered SEH because most days I drive ~10 miles (2 mile trips to work & kid p/u). Got the CD instead and I get 20mpg on my short trips and 31mpg highway. My Pilot only got 10-12 on short trips and barely cracked 20 if it was all highway. Also the CD has 26gal tank. I just hit reserve with 541 miles and very little hwy this tank.
The following users liked this post:
mafpolo (10-30-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 07:32 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by vwbrd
I considered SEH because most days I drive ~10 miles (2 mile trips to work & kid p/u). Got the CD instead and I get 20mpg on my short trips and 31mpg highway. My Pilot only got 10-12 on short trips and barely cracked 20 if it was all highway. Also the CD has 26gal tank. I just hit reserve with 541 miles and very little hwy this tank.
I've had 20+ diesels and don't want another one. The only diesel worth considering is the 4.2 V8 and V12 tdi in the Q7

Quick Reply: Cayenne S E-Hybrid opinions or advice?