Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

doh, thats what I get for skimming.

my bad dudes
Old 07-24-2019, 07:46 AM
Randyg308
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Is there any chance we can uncover a service campaign relating to the cowel drains, and or a.c. drains. I have had 2 incidents about 1 year apart involving water into the cabin, soaking the carpet and shorting the ac blower motor both times, the repairs cost around $1800.00 and 2 weeks downtime at the dealer. The labor involved, removing both seats, i think he told me both sides of carpeting have to be removed and dried, even thou driver side appeared to be dry, talk about a bad design!....this is a garaged vehicle with very low mileage(2011 turbo,22.000 miles) not only that, after the first incident the car has been in and out of the dealer(Champion Porsche Pompano,FL) a tow package installation,Cam bolt recall, and each time they present you with a multi function check list,(you know to show you how thorough they are, and how much they care), but there's no check for the Cowel drains or ac drain on that list, they should have checked these drains considering the history on my vehicle and the fact that he (service manager)told me he has seen this issue.I know I am living in dream world thinking the service manager would have the foresight and think this customers car has been in here twice in one year for those drains, and maybe we should check them while the vehicle is here.....what a joke
Old 07-24-2019, 09:20 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 175 Posts

Everybody that reads the above needs to send an email or a letter (I do not have his email address) to John Zielenski, VP of Customer Satisfaction at PCNA.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:42 PM
CK.GTS
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bahocale
I’m in NJ just outside NYC. My closet dealer is MMC, but luckily there are plenty of dealers in 1.5hr radius.
Not sure where OP's dealer is, but in NJ, you have a choice between MMC, Paul Miller, and Ray Catena.

I've used PM before, but have heard good things about Ray Catena. Unfortunately, I'm no longer covered under warranty, so I have an independent shop in Clifton doing my work now (Apex Motorwerks).
Old 07-24-2019, 03:02 PM
Sudar
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have never cleaned any drains on any of my cars in past 25 years and never had any issues. So when I started reading that Porsche has multiple drain issues I was very surprised. It's just **** poor design.

I know drains can get clogged, it's just they have never clogged for me even on cars with close to 200k miles. I am guessing you need to be parked under the tree 24/7 for 2 years for something to get clogged
Old 07-24-2019, 04:01 PM
sjt0017
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Stay far, far away from Englewood Porsche (or Town Porsche, they went by both names back when I had my lawsuit against them).

OP, hope you get everything sorted out - but if it is indeed Town Porsche, send me a PM.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...surance-2.html

Quick Reply: Warranty denied - WTF -