2013 CD and EGR cooler issue. in the shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,595 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks
If it's a diesel, they tend to leak right in the V of the engine. I never noticed mine actually steam like that, but there is a valve down there that leaks. I was told it's part of the EGR cooler, but Porsche wouldn't cover the repair under warranty, so not sure (I still need to call them and get a real answer as to why this wasn't covered under the extender warranty).
Mine is in getting replaced right now. I'm told it's not the EGR cooler, but the oil cooler.

From the other threads, it seems like it's at the oil cooler control valve.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:13 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Mine is in getting replaced right now. I'm told it's not the EGR cooler, but the oil cooler.

From the other threads, it seems like it's at the oil cooler control valve.
Can you share the part number and post invoice if repaired under warranty?
Old 03-12-2020, 11:33 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chsu74
Can you share the part number and post invoice if repaired under warranty?
ill share the part number, but it’s not a warranty repair. Unfortunately.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:45 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Do you mind posting all the associated gaskets and seals used for the job?
Old 03-15-2020, 01:03 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Do you mind posting all the associated gaskets and seals used for the job?
here you go.

Old 03-15-2020, 03:12 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

The 'Governor' is the main culprit...
Old 03-16-2020, 12:15 AM
MajorPain
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They replaced mine under warranty.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:44 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MajorPain
They replaced mine under warranty.
Which warranty? Just the dieselgate warranty or do you still have CPO left?
Old 03-16-2020, 10:18 AM
MajorPain
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Which warranty? Just the dieselgate warranty or do you still have CPO left?
Dieselgate because ours is not CPO
Old 03-16-2020, 11:12 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

You still have less than 100K on the vehicle, correct?

I think the extended warranty us expanded a bit at lower miles, as I remember I lost some warranty coverage once I passed 100K.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:31 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

You still have less than 100K on the vehicle, correct?

I think the extended warranty us expanded a bit at lower miles, as I remember I lost some warranty coverage once I passed 100K.
I have 72K miles on my '13 and dieselgate warranty only. My dealership wants me to pay for diagnostic fee of $369 first and tear into it before determining if it is a warranty repair. Walking in with a blank check is not something I am comfortable with.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:54 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

I have 72K miles on my '13 and dieselgate warranty only. My dealership wants me to pay for diagnostic fee of $369 first and tear into it before determining if it is a warranty repair. Walking in with a blank check is not something I am comfortable with.
OK, so when the whole Dieselgate thing first happened, they were treating all affected vehicles like a CPO - it wasn't actually a CPO, but the warranty coverage they offered was basically a mirror of the CPO... During this time I had ~85K miles, and was getting all sorts of things fixed - The PCM was replaced, they fixed some squeaks/rattles, several oil leaks - basically everything that was done to the vehicle was covered under the warranty... Then at 100K the 'CPO'' part went away and all that remains is the extended emissions warranty that is supposed to cover anything that could potentially be impacted by the fix - so all the emissions stuff, and almost everything that connects to those parts.

I've seen a lot of comments about dealerships not wanting to cover some things, and I have to say I'm confused by it all... Was the warranty given to people different if they owned the vehicles when the fix happened, vs purchasing after the fix was applied?

I know for a fact that the crappy dealership I was going to at the time would not have been doing me any favors, so they were obviously getting reimbursed by Porsche on the repairs they did, so I don't know if something changed since then, or there are variations on the warranty giver to customers, but it seems odd that I was getting this extra warranty when others weren't (or aren't currently).
Old 03-16-2020, 04:08 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

^ Maybe someone else can comment on dealership double dipping charging customers and filing for warranty reimbursement. I don't know. I do know that sometimes dealerships don't get reimbursed for what they thought is work .
Old 03-16-2020, 04:13 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

OK, so when the whole Dieselgate thing first happened, they were treating all affected vehicles like a CPO - it wasn't actually a CPO, but the warranty coverage they offered was basically a mirror of the CPO... During this time I had ~85K miles, and was getting all sorts of things fixed - The PCM was replaced, they fixed some squeaks/rattles, several oil leaks - basically everything that was done to the vehicle was covered under the warranty... Then at 100K the 'CPO'' part went away and all that remains is the extended emissions warranty that is supposed to cover anything that could potentially be impacted by the fix - so all the emissions stuff, and almost everything that connects to those parts.

I've seen a lot of comments about dealerships not wanting to cover some things, and I have to say I'm confused by it all... Was the warranty given to people different if they owned the vehicles when the fix happened, vs purchasing after the fix was applied?

I know for a fact that the crappy dealership I was going to at the time would not have been doing me any favors, so they were obviously getting reimbursed by Porsche on the repairs they did, so I don't know if something changed since then, or there are variations on the warranty giver to customers, but it seems odd that I was getting this extra warranty when others weren't (or aren't currently).
The first part of what you wrote is correct.

^ Maybe someone else can comment on dealership double dipping charging customers and filing for warranty reimbursement. I don't know. I do know that sometimes dealerships don't get reimbursed for what they thought is work .
Yeah, can't comment on that. Didn't happen to me, I had all sorts of stuff covered from my original 4/50k warranty end (which ended on time not mileage) extension to 6/100k. Which I think later changed to 6/unlimited. Regardless, I've had my 2014 over 6 years so I'm out of warranty except what's covered by the emissions warranty.

Because my part above is part of the oil cooler, not the EGR cooler, it was not covered under warranty.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:21 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Because my part above is part of the oil cooler, not the EGR cooler, it was not covered under warranty.
The Dieselgate warranty was suppose to cover the drivetrain but we are slowly finding out that it is not. No one has been able to get a list of parts Porsche will cover.

Quick Reply: 2013 CD and EGR cooler issue. in the shop