Sponsored By:

Thoughts on this example?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Oneday997
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Thoughts on this example?

I found this 2014 CTT at a local dealer (see build details in pics). Has 49k miles and is certified but dealer is asking $59k which makes it the highest priced ‘14 CTT in the county based on what I found online. Thoughts from those who know these well? I know PDCC and ptv plus aren’t easy to come by, but wondering if this spec makes it worth paying the premium.

thanks all
Old 02-03-2019, 11:53 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,080 Likes on 990 Posts

very well equipped and has the rare PYV/PDCC combo.. do remember that "certified" means it has, at best, a couple of years of warranty remaining.
Unless you can write $8000-$14000 checks for diff/trans repair (or more) make sure to get a reputable extended warranty (Fidelity, Zurich etc) to cover the car for 4-5 yrs at least

Their asking price is high, most prob because of the PDCC/PTV combo, a guess on my part.

Talk them down to $56-$57K-ish.. pay another $5000-$6000 for extended warranty and you are good to go.. DO NOT put off buying extended warranty till later, warranties are priced by mileage and you will get best deal on warranty if you buy now
If you buy warranty from selling dealer, they will be more than willing to work on price, as they will be making a nice chuck of money from warranty

you better jump on it before anyone else does..
Old 02-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Race Car

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Paying the premium for PTV and PDCC is only worthwhile if you actually want that spec. Drive one with and one without and decide. If you can live without I would look for a newer or lower mileage example for less money.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Oneday997
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer
Paying the premium for PTV and PDCC is only worthwhile if you actually want that spec. Drive one with and one without and decide. If you can live without I would look for a newer or lower mileage example for less money.
good point, thanks for the reality check. It’s easy to get swept up in the Porsche option and goodie game. I’ve drive a few CTTs without PDCC/ptv and didn’t feel they were wanting for handling. This will be my daily driver and will spend most of its time slogging to and from work so may not make any difference. Will give it a drive and see.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:54 PM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

I like my GTS handling a lot even without PDCC and PTV and to be honest with all of the PTV diffs starting to fail, not at the extreme of a tcase but still a concern and PDCC can be a bit ticket fix also.

CPO does carry a big premium it seems like and I've seen more expensive 14s out there Turbo wise. Hell 14 GTS's are at the same range (LA area) which is interesting itself. Mileage is high for the price though.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:08 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

My '17 GTS does not have PDCC. I did get PTV for it, but probably could/should have skipped it. I've been VERY pleased with the handling, especially during fun stuff like autocross. I think previous models benefited more from having PDCC than later ones due to weight changes. I skipped it mainly because of the added complexity of the hydraulics and them being in the way of other things that might need servicing. Seems sensible to skip making future repairs more time-consuming/expensive for what little it'd actually provide for MY driving experiences.

The new ones (2019+) having an electric setup seems like it might have less maintenance issues over time, but that's as yet unknown.

I wouldn't make having PDCC and/or PTV must-haves.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:20 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Looks like quite a nice and extensive build. Just read up here in the forum on the PTV+ diffs if you haven't done so already. They seem to be exhibiting a fair amount of issues now that these 958s are getting up in miles.

And hey, that leaf filter gutter guard option, now they should come in handy!

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this example?