Minor issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 10:38 AM
CK.GTS
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Minor issues

Squeaking over speed bumps (front/rear)
  • My first inkling for the front is that the lower control arm bushings need to be replaced.
Taking a good amount of cranks to start up in the mornings
  • Not sure if it's just the cold weather, or if I need to replace it, but any recommendations if I do need to replace? Should it be the dealership or can I just go to an indie porsche mechanic with a new battery to have it replaced?

Old 02-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

If you have any mechanical ability the battery replacement definitely falls into the DIY category and very few special tools, such as a triple square for the seats, are needed. You can monitor the battery voltage on the MFD by selecting it as one of the items to show and then turning the car on w/o actually starting it. Optionally, use a voltmeter on the jumper points under the hood near the firewall.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:21 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Originally Posted by CK.GTS
Squeaking over speed bumps (front/rear)
  • My first inkling for the front is that the lower control arm bushings need to be replaced.
Taking a good amount of cranks to start up in the mornings
  • Not sure if it's just the cold weather, or if I need to replace it, but any recommendations if I do need to replace? Should it be the dealership or can I just go to an indie porsche mechanic with a new battery to have it replaced?

My right front used to squeak over the bumps. Thought it was control arms. Still could be but I just replaced two front air shocks and the sound is gone. Totally gone!

Quick Reply: Minor issues