Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

958 Power Steering/PDCC Reservoir Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 03:46 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Thank you @mikescayenne for the update. When I asked about doing this, I was under the impression that I'd have to do this myself but as it happens to be, my vehicle is currently at the dealership for power steering pump, reservoir, and fluid replacement (being done under warranty). Good to know that when the time comes to flush/change the reservoir, 1 liter will prove to be enough. Anyone know what the service interval for reservoir/fluid replacement is?

Did you by any chance take a picture of the hose clamp you mention near the steering rack? Sounds much simpler than removing the lines by the reservoir (assuming you can easily get underneath the vehicle that is...).
Old 09-06-2023, 07:25 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 356 Likes on 248 Posts

Right on. That is a cleaner way of doing it. I guess pentosan is like brake fluid and will eat paint.

I won't be replacing those reservoirs again. Personally I think it's a waste of time and money. Maybe after a pump failure or some kind of catastrophic event in the system would merit them to be replaced.

I still think a flush is very beneficial. I'm sure the wear properties of the pentosan breaks down over time and needs to be replaced.

Any pictures of the hose you guys disconnected? Did you go through the fenderwell or from underneath?
The following users liked this post:
mikescayenne (09-07-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 11:01 AM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

I, unfortunately, did not take any pictures of those hoses, but if someone can provide me a picture underneath the car, on the driver side, near the wheel, with the front shield off and the center shield off I can point them out. We went from underneath, it was super easy, especially because my friend has a 2-post lift.

this is an exact quote from him regarding the location of the 2 lines:

”Line went from steering rack to cooler. There's 2 lines to the cooler, just need to disconnect 1. We disconnected the one easier to access and at the lowest point. Has a spring loaded clamp to slide away and then disconnect the hose. It's located just inside the frame rail and between the AC compressor and radiator. Remove engine splash shield and it's easy to see and access. ”

Last edited by mikescayenne; 09-07-2023 at 11:09 AM.

Quick Reply: 958 Power Steering/PDCC Reservoir Replacement