Sponsored By:

Sport Plus aftermarket option

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 11:00 PM
9114SCV
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sport Plus aftermarket option

Has anyone added the Sport Plus option to their Cayenne? Suncoast sells the part for $880 (another dealer is selling it for $678). https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...SPORTMODE.html

I'm curious if it adds anything to the performance of the vehicle. I've noticed there really aren't any aftermarket performance boosts for this vehicle either.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:34 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by 9114SCV
Has anyone added the Sport Plus option to their Cayenne? Suncoast sells the part for $880 (another dealer is selling it for $678). https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...SPORTMODE.html

I'm curious if it adds anything to the performance of the vehicle. I've noticed there really aren't any aftermarket performance boosts for this vehicle either.
I haven't added it to a vehicle after the fact, but I have driven Cayennes and Macans with that option, and my current Macan GTS has it. Have you driven a Porsche with this option? If not, do so. It does boost performance certainly, it's noticeable. It further 'tunes' the engine response/characteristics, changes the transmission behavior (holds gears longer, etc.), and makes some further suspension tuning changes on vehicles equipped with PASM/air susp. I believe it also enhances vehicles equipped with Sport Steering Plus option.

But here's the thing (and the reason I suggest you drive one first), I doubt you'll use it much on the street. It really doesn't make for a very street/traffic friendly vehicle. Great for the track or autocross course obviously, or maybe the occasional blast on a nice remote twisty road, or dusting off the annoying jacked up 'Bullydog' enhanced diesel F250 revving up at the light next to you, but in most instances, you probably won't use it as much as you might think. Your intended use of your Cayenne will really determine if it's worth it for you or not.

All that said, would I get that option again on my next Porsche? Absolutely. When you want/need it, it's a blast.

Hope this helps. Again I suggest you try and get a test drive in a Porsche with it.

Last edited by CarGuyNVA; 08-06-2018 at 09:38 AM. Reason: correction/additional info
Old 08-07-2018, 02:36 AM
iamgonara
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 8 Posts

Just got this done on my cayenne turbo. So worth it.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by 9114SCV

Scott here at Fabspeed, we have plenty of options for your 958 that will give you performance enhancements. I will send you a PM with some options!!

Old 08-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Arik19
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it make sense to install the Sport Plus option on 2015 CD without PASM/air suspension?
Could this Sport Plus upgrade be used as an alternative to Chip engine or ECU tuning?
Is it even possible/recommended to do on a diesel car?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Sport Plus aftermarket option