Sponsored By:

Anyone using EZ-Drain?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Jetpilot718
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone using EZ-Drain?

As the title states, anyone using one of these on their V8 Cayennes? Drain Valve

I've had two on my BMW's and they make short work of oil changes. Also, they eliminate the risk of stripping an aluminum oil pan which doesnt look like much fun to replace on our pepperwagons. If so, what's the thread size and pitch needed? I don't find our cars listed on the site, but you can order them by spec of the thread.

I very much recommend them - just need to figure out which size is right for my 958 GTS!

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-13-2018, 06:01 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Fumoto says it's an 18mm X 1.5.
http://www.fumotousa.com/results.php...AYENNE+4.8L+V8
Old 07-13-2018, 06:27 PM
Jetpilot718
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hotrod2448

Ahhhh I couldnt remember the other brand. Thank you. You sir, are the man!

FYI I'll post the part no. once I order/receive and confirm fitment.

Standby...
Old 07-13-2018, 07:25 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

I got 1 on my '14 V6. The V6 is F-106.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:56 PM
TonyVan
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought one for my 1974 911 after attempting my first oil change. Being used to a 912 with 4.5 quarts, I was surprised what spilled out of the 911!
the shut off lever makes oil changes a breeze but I bought one that has a nipple you can attach a hose to. You can pour the oil back in the quart container and shut the valve to fill the next. I used a large enclosed oil pan, a year ago, and while transporting the oil to the recycle center, it opened in the car and flooded the interior with dirty oil. Now I use the original bottles with nice secure screw caps. Bought mine on Amazon.
state Farm kindly paid to have the interior of the PT Turbo restored to new. Glad I didn’t have to clean it out!
Old 07-15-2018, 03:08 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 462 Posts

You all think there is room to mount this on a V8 958? Seems risky it will get sheared off if the flexible underbody panel is hit by anything.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:47 PM
Jetpilot718
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
I got 1 on my '14 V6. The V6 is F-106.
Thank you! Good info for the V6 guys and gals - don't wanna leave anyone out in case this ends up being a sticky-able thread.

Originally Posted by TonyVan
I bought one for my 1974 911 after attempting my first oil change. Being used to a 912 with 4.5 quarts, I was surprised what spilled out of the 911!
the shut off lever makes oil changes a breeze but I bought one that has a nipple you can attach a hose to. You can pour the oil back in the quart container and shut the valve to fill the next. I used a large enclosed oil pan, a year ago, and while transporting the oil to the recycle center, it opened in the car and flooded the interior with dirty oil. Now I use the original bottles with nice secure screw caps. Bought mine on Amazon.
state Farm kindly paid to have the interior of the PT Turbo restored to new. Glad I didn’t have to clean it out!
It's a nice little gadget. I like that I can take quick oil samples and send them out (Blackstone) without having to do a full oil change. That's kinda nice. And oil changes are super easy with zero chance of stripping an aluminum pan and having to tap a new thread. Been there, done that, invented new curse words.

Originally Posted by garrett376
You all think there is room to mount this on a V8 958? Seems risky it will get sheared off if the flexible underbody panel is hit by anything.
Should be. Again, I havn't been under the car just yet as we just purchased it, but I'll throw it on the lift and pull the underbody plastics before I install it. From pictures, it appears the sub frame will extrude lower than the valve. The valve sits barely an inch below the pan. Pics to follow...
Old 07-18-2018, 10:30 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetpilot718
Should be. Again, I havn't been under the car just yet as we just purchased it, but I'll throw it on the lift and pull the underbody plastics before I install it. From pictures, it appears the sub frame will extrude lower than the valve. The valve sits barely an inch below the pan. Pics to follow...
I bet there's not enough room and I would not want to risk it even if there was 1/4 of an inch to spare... any firm hit to the plastic panel could punch a nice hole in the pan or shear off the valve... yikes!
Old 08-24-2018, 12:35 PM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetpilot718
Thank you! Good info for the V6 guys and gals - don't wanna leave anyone out in case this ends up being a sticky-able thread.

It's a nice little gadget. I like that I can take quick oil samples and send them out (Blackstone) without having to do a full oil change. That's kinda nice. And oil changes are super easy with zero chance of stripping an aluminum pan and having to tap a new thread. Been there, done that, invented new curse words.

Whar da pics at? Seriously, I've had (and have) these on several vehicles but not on our '14 S...I'd like to get one for it, but I'm wondering about the clearance issue, too. Post 'em up, OP, if you got 'em and thanks!

TXCOMT
Old 08-24-2018, 01:16 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 270 Posts

Here’s the one you want...

https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com/f106sx.html

there is a thread here on rennlist that has good pictures. I don’t have it saved.

Casey
Old 08-27-2018, 11:09 AM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cwheeler
Here’s the one you want...

https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com/f106sx.html

there is a thread here on rennlist that has good pictures. I don’t have it saved.

Casey
Thanks! I finally installed one of these on my Ram Rebel over the weekend...since I do the oil changes on that rig, this will make my life so much easier.

TXCOMT
Old 08-27-2018, 06:56 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I won't use one of these valves on my Cayenne Turbo. The risk is that it would be too low - the oil drain plug is at the bottom of the pan - and the valve would decrease the clearance by an inch. Things could go bad fast if the valve was bumped, even if only being pushed upward by the skid plate/belly cover. Removing the drain plug takes an extra 30 seconds.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:45 PM
Jetpilot718
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TXCOMT
Whar da pics at? Seriously, I've had (and have) these on several vehicles but not on our '14 S...I'd like to get one for it, but I'm wondering about the clearance issue, too. Post 'em up, OP, if you got 'em and thanks!

TXCOMT
Hey sorry for the lack of pics, been busy and havent done an oil change yet. It was done at CPO so no need for quite some time. I'll get under it this week and let you guys know though! Still have the valve sitting on my desk...

Quick Reply: Anyone using EZ-Drain?