New owner...suggestions needed for full check-up

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Daaaaan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner...suggestions needed for full check-up

Quick question guys 😁

I am about to go into the first full check-up of a recently bought 2012 Cayenne 3.0D, 85.000 km, full service history at a Porsche dealer (except last one in 2017, which was done at a private garage)

I will replace oil and oil filter, air and pollen filter as this is "default" so to speak, since I don't know the previous owner - the car was bought from a used-car park. Also all 4 brake pads will be replaced because they are almost gone.

What would you reccomend I should check / replace, as to be better safe then sorry?

Are the following items best replaced or not:

Brake fluid?
Differential oil?
Gearbox oil?
Steering fluid? (don't actually know if steering is hydraulic or electronic on the Diesels)

...or something else, other that the above? Maybe checking the drain holes?

Please share some of your feedback here...as I want my new baby to be in top shape and ready for whatever road-trips I'll throw at her this summer

Last edited by Daaaaan; 05-03-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:56 AM
kkturbo
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations on your new Cayenne!

Your owners manual should show you what needs to be accomplished at the 85,000 km. Find out when was the last time your Cayenne was serviced at the dealership and determine what should have been accomplished between that time and now.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Daaaaan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kkturbo
Congratulations on your new Cayenne!

Your owners manual should show you what needs to be accomplished at the 85,000 km. Find out when was the last time your Cayenne was serviced at the dealership and determine what should have been accomplished between that time and now.
My owners manual is in German... 😒

Also, the last time it was serviced at the Porsche dealership (in Germany) was in May 2016. In 2017 it was serviced at a local garage (in Romania).

The closest Porsche dealership I have in Romania is 400km away... I only have the other VAG brands in my city and apparently their databases and Porsche's are different so they can't access the vehicle's history.

Quick Reply: New owner...suggestions needed for full check-up