Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Engine Rattle & Whinning 2011 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 12:55 AM
TWalk
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If that is a separate unit aside from the power steering pump and reservoirs, then no, I don’t think so cause I don’t see it listed on the repair sheet.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:53 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

My car was loud and the pump was the culprit. They changed mine out and now my car is silent.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:53 AM
TWalk
Rennlist Member

They changed the PDCC pump? Or the power steering pump? Aren’t they one in the same. Thanks Raudi Driver.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:56 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TWalk
They changed the PDCC pump? Or the power steering pump? Aren’t they one in the same. Thanks Raudi Driver.
He’s referring to the PDCC pump. The PDCC and power steering pumps are not the same unit.

Note however that even some vehicles with a perfectly good PDCC pump have still been known to ‘whine’ at idle and just off idle. And then some are silent. Go figure.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:17 AM
TWalk
Rennlist Member

Ah, I didn’t realize that. You’d think Porsche Service would think to check that operation before warranting the second (new) power steering pump in less than 2weeks of use. Thanks for clearing me up. I’ll be sure to mention in when it goes in next week.
Old 01-22-2024, 03:39 AM
Snowtoy16
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TWalk
Ah, I didn’t realize that. You’d think Porsche Service would think to check that operation before warranting the second (new) power steering pump in less than 2weeks of use. Thanks for clearing me up. I’ll be sure to mention in when it goes in next week.
did you find the problem?
Old 01-22-2024, 10:25 AM
Heydgv
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Todomas
Hi All,

2011 Turbo with a full service two months ago. Yesterday noticed a whining noise in tune with the revs, the greater the revs the greater the whine but only on low gears, mostly when pulling out of traffic or at the lights.

The problem went away after a few miles of driving and the car drove superbly today, however on my second drive today, 10 minutes in and the whining started again when i was about to pull away from the lights. There is also a rattling noise coming from the engine bay, especially between 1500 and 3000 rpm.

I have made a booking with the dealer already just now but any ideas of what i could be looking at? Some googling suggests possible issues being the water pump, transfer case, power steering pump or a fault with the engine itself (i hope not, and it seems to be an intermittent issue).

You help would be very welcome, perhaps it has happened to one of the members here before and you can put my mind at rest?

Thanks!
Let me first state that I know next to zero about these cars yet, and less than zero on turbo models.

Quick Reply: Engine Rattle & Whinning 2011 Turbo