Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Poor A/C air flow via driver's floor vent when set to blow through dash and floor

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 09:49 AM
JBPorscheOwner
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Cayenne 2011-2022 HVAC firmware will not increase AC flow to drivers floor ve

No. On May 9, 2022, I even emailed the Porsche factory in Germany (contact@porsche.de) a detailed email, photos, and my local Porsche Dealer's service and sales personnel's contact information who personally confirmed any attempt by a driver or passenger to increase cold AC air flow to the driver's side floor vents by using the HVAC controls on the console to manually increase the overall air flow and/or set the air flow vent to floor only, etc. only results in LESS - NOT MORE - cold AC air flow - to the drivers side floor vents! Porsche initially responded stating they had "documented the issue" and "we will take care of it with the responsible departments". Porsche also asked me to give them some time to look into the issue. On June 1, 2022, in response to a follow-up email I sent them, they apologized that someone from Porsche had not yet sent me a satisfactory reply. However, at that time Porsche assured me my report to them was still being processed. Porsche added that, because the issue involved more than one of their departments, the issue would take some more time.

I then followed up with the Porsche factory in Germany again via email on both July 19, 2022 and August 8, 2022 (during my summer). Thus far, they have not yet responded to my follow-up requests.

I also contacted a well-known, nationally syndicated, radio show host in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area who is an automotive industry expert (Ed Wallace), who has Saturday radio show, and who is frequently a guest on DFW's leading NBC TV station where he frequently reviews new cars, discusses car issues, etc.
Ed told me that, based on his experience, even though the HVAC firmware issue is obvious and other vehicles (Toyota, Lexus, etc.) do not have this problem, Porsche will likely do NOTHING to resolve the problem unless they are forced to as a result of a class action lawsuit.

It really is hard to understand why, with all of Porsche's engineering sophistication, Porsche would knowingly allow their HVAC firmware to continue to produce LESS - NOT MORE - cold AC airflow to the driver's side floor vents when the driver increases the air flow or lowers the temperature via the dash controls versus the default cold AC air flow produced by the MONO and AUTO HVAV settings.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:43 PM
TyreReviews
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I've recently learnt if you only have dual zone, the only way to get meaningful airflow out of the rear centre vents is to close the front vents. Mine is also a 2011, hopefully there was some revisions in the the gen 2 product life as it's the worse AC/heating system I've ever experienced on a modern car (I'm a test driver too so I've been through a few!)
Old 10-27-2022, 06:25 PM
JBPorscheOwner
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of our Porsche mechanics previously closed both of the rear passenger compartments pass-through ducts, which go under the front seats, at the main HVAC plenum. This helped to distribute a little more cold AC air to the front driver's side floor vent - but only a little. Still looking for a proper HVAC firmware solution.

Quick Reply: Poor A/C air flow via driver's floor vent when set to blow through dash and floor