XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 05:30 PM
jgerken
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Radio

I'd like to get XM radio in my wife's Cayenne. Any suggestions for a clean installation?
Old 11-16-2003, 08:12 PM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Good place to start

J,
Kevin M. did a very nice install for a Kenwood Music keg, that's is the same principle you will have to follow with FM modulator hard wired. Both XM and Sirius offer them on their web page. I am considering an install myslef but for the time being I am happy with my CD changer.
Also check out this thread on Mudman's Ipod connection, again connection is hard wired FM modulator which is the best you will get until the PCM offer line input.
Best of luck an make sure to show us pics of your install once it is done

Cyril
Old 11-17-2003, 01:34 AM
sportscarfanatic
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pioneer one has a self fm modulator you can connect to the antenna. This way you can change the freq. and output level directly from the pioneer display module which fits nicely inside to the sunglass holder.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Scott in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Re: Good place to start

I am interested in more info on this please. Pics or links to web sites would be great. Thanks!

Originally posted by cpd1
J,
Kevin M. did a very nice install for a Kenwood Music keg, that's is the same principle you will have to follow with FM modulator hard wired. Both XM and Sirius offer them on their web page. I am considering an install myslef but for the time being I am happy with my CD changer.
Also check out this thread on Mudman's Ipod connection, again connection is hard wired FM modulator which is the best you will get until the PCM offer line input.
Best of luck an make sure to show us pics of your install once it is done

Cyril
Old 11-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Scott in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

My post was directed to sportscarfanatic and the quote was supposed to have been his post. sorry. thanks.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:50 PM
SorTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would like to do some work add add gadgets to the dash also, but even when I got aftermarket heated seats installed it was too painful to watch. Are these operations post-rattle free or do the trims become a bit loose? I am considering adding a DVD system (don't have a clue which one at all yet) but am too worried to take the front apart...

Quick Reply: XM Radio