Sponsored by:

05 955 CTT No Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 03:53 PM
levdeb
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey all!

Quick backstory, 2006 Cayenne will act like the battery is dead sometimes. Can unlock door, turn key, (hear fuel pumps), dash lights up, but then 1 crank and it all shuts off. HOWEVER, if I take my battery jump pack and attach under hood, the started spins strong, and it immediately fires up. I've tested both 433 relays (good), starter is good (and coolant pipes have been updated), and battery is new (1 year old now). But when I did this wire loom exploration, I DID find a couple of the wires corroded. I've got them all sorted except one. This is where I need some advice.

The BLACK wire that runs to the 433 relay (listed as "D") under the seat had a splice. I did a continuity check on it, and there was intermittent flow from the relay to just past the splice. I opened up the wire and its BLACK inside from the splice up thru the firewall. I am going to replace this entire piece, but can't seem to find where it comes out the other side. Any help would be appreciated!

I know that since the battery isn't getting fully charged (we only use this vehicle about once a week), I am throwing all sorts of elec codes. Hopefully this will help sort some of these..!

Thank you!

TLR? Where does the black wire from the 433 relay under the seat go once it leaves the seat area?

Quick Reply: 05 955 CTT No Start