957 GTS / Turbo Shopping, Research, and Worries

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 01:16 PM
manhatton
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ventoGT
CTT=Twin Turbo CTTS=Twin Turbo S CS=Cayenne S GTS=GTS

As an aside, it helps to put your location in under your user profile ["User CP" in the menu bar at top] so that people local to you can provide extra help
Ahhh, I see. I had been so deep in GTS land I hadn't yet discovered the Turbo was TT.

Agreed, CP updated. I know better.

Originally Posted by rebrewer
FWIW, I drove a GTS first and was a bit disappointed in performance. I figured with 405hp (or whatever it had) it would be pretty quick. Foolish of me not to consider the weight of these in my mental expectation calcs. Anyway, drove a Turbo and that was it. Bought my '08. The only downside to the Turbo was the sound. Just too quiet for me compared to the GTS. A TechArt exhaust system took care of that.
Our neighbor has an older 4.2 Q7 that is heavy and slow, so I thought the HP and weight reduction would make for a little more fun. I guess only driving them will tell.

Thanks again for the continued insights!
Old 03-04-2017, 02:11 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

NEW HAMPSHAHHHH--

I'll keep an eye out for nice looking trucks I see in our neck of the woods--have fun on the search!
Old 03-04-2017, 02:57 PM
manhatton
AutoX

Originally Posted by ventoGT
NEW HAMPSHAHHHH--

I'll keep an eye out for nice looking trucks I see in our neck of the woods--have fun on the search!

Indeed! Haha! Didn't notice you were down the South Shoah!
Old 03-06-2017, 01:56 AM
Rossi
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

6speed 957 GTS is an absolute blast. Don't listen to anyone who just test drove it. It takes little bit of time to get the feel for the car to really appreciate it, it needs to be driven in sports mode pretty much all the time, as the throttle mapping is superb that way. Suspension in normal hight with shocks in normal or comfort setting is my recommendation. BTW, less than 500 sold worldwide.

Even if you wave the keys to a brand new Turbo S in my face, I would not consider trading it with you, there is nothing like 6speed Porsche NA V8 and rest assured there never again will be one in the future. My GTS is not going anywhere and I thank god that I am so fortunate to get to use it as my daily driver for my work.

Last edited by Rossi; 03-06-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quick Reply: 957 GTS / Turbo Shopping, Research, and Worries