Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What dont you guys like about your Cayennes? Be honest......

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 01:12 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Curt

Watch your wheels, going thru those car wash things will damage the tires or your rims because most can't handle the width.

You should be able to go thru a car wash. I for one am not brave enough.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:14 PM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default No real issues

Guys,

No real issues on my side just few things after 10 days. Yes the door need a good slam but I don't mind. I do mind the beeping noise if I keep the door open as I am setting up my daughter in her seat at the back.
Also, I think there is a bit of a turbo lag but again thre is plenty of juice so not really a big deal. I migth get these BMC air filters to improve this.
Otherwise only real pain is I got a puncture after 200 miles and that's a real pain! Should be fixed by tomorrow hopefully.

Cyril
Old 11-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mudman2
Curt

Watch your wheels, going thru those car wash things will damage the tires or your rims because most can't handle the width.

You should be able to go thru a car wash. I for one am not brave enough.
Ahhh... 18" wheels
Old 11-06-2003, 02:09 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Even your not safe at some of them !
Old 11-06-2003, 04:27 PM
npplaw
Intermediate

Re: the lurching issue, I though it was just me but it was annoying. But, I just got mine back from the dealer (Carlsen in Nor Cal) with two software updates. They replaced the PCM (common radio drifting complaint) and updated the PCM software to v.3. They also said they had just received new software for the drive-by-wire lurching issue. Service explained why it was happening, and I must say the fix is a huge difference...it drives like any other vehicle now....no lurching, real smooth.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:35 PM
TaTaPiRaTa
Intermediate

My 02c:

- Too pricey or many options should be in price
- a bit too heavy
- Park Distance Control should be integrated with NAV screen as in new BMWs
- no solar moonroof...

anyway it is a great machine
Old 11-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Dak
Track Day

I will have more basis for comment on my likes/dislikes/hates once I take delivery in a few weeks and have a chance to actually own for a while, but as a buyer I think the biggest optional equipment omissions were:

1. Solar sunroof (or other system) to exhaust hot air when parked
2. Laser or microwave-based cruise control

I would have added these for any semi-reasonable price.

-Dak
Old 11-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Curt Egerer
Intermediate

Well, I'll admit to being a bit ashamed to take a Porsche thru an automatic car wash!!! BUT ..... this is my daily driver and I simply don't have time to hand wash this thing, particularly as the winter weather approaches. No damage to wheels or tires yet (18" turbo wheels with M&S tires), but it is a tight fit between those guiderails. -- Curt
Old 11-07-2003, 10:41 AM
P-seller
User

dont be ashamed. I even do coupes and cabs at an automatic car wash. Ours around here are touchless, its quick, and during the cold season, its the only way any of my cars are gonna get a wash.

PS
Old 11-07-2003, 06:58 PM
TaTaPiRaTa
Intermediate

I hate no color display on S !
Thats very cheap of P.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
I hate no color display on S !
Thats very cheap of P.
The topic of the thread includes the words, "your Cayenne" as in the owners of Cayennes experiencing annoying quirks.

If you don't own a Cayenne perhaps your comments would be better suited to a different thread.

We have taken the plunge for an expensive car, we apparently really don't care about a color display.

I don't mean to diminish your enthusiasm or your welcome to this forum.

The focus of this thread was towards owners. I hope you understand.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:27 AM
YellowC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Torags,
Does that mean that I, a possible potential buyer, cannot come here and read this thread and make comments? At this point, I'm trying to figure out the difference between a "Loaded" Touareg and a "Base" Cayenne. Does anyone have the Infiniti FX45? Also looking at this one too.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:25 AM
GM Austin
Pro

Default Yellow C4S

I believe Torags comments were directed more toward the Cayenne bashers. Those whose only purpose in coming to this forum is to trash talk the Cayenne and/or it's owners. I believe potential buyers and those who are just curious and want to learn are always welcome. His target may not have been a true Cayenne basher but many of us are a little sensitive of all the negative comments from non-owners. And, he does have a point about the topic for the thread.

A fully loaded Touareg V8 will still be about $10k less then a similarly equipped Cayenne S. It will not have as good on road handling as the S and will have less power. The Porsche will typically have better dealer service. Good service could be worth a lot.

If you have no interest in going off-road and like the styling of the FX, I think it has great value. I have not driven one but I have heard it has a very firm ride. That is very subjective so judge for yourself.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:38 AM
GM Austin
Pro

Default npplaw

Re: the lurching issue, I though it was just me but it was annoying. But, I just got mine back from the dealer (Carlsen in Nor Cal) with two software updates. They replaced the PCM (common radio drifting complaint) and updated the PCM software to v.3. They also said they had just received new software for the drive-by-wire lurching issue. Service explained why it was happening, and I must say the fix is a huge difference...it drives like any other vehicle now....no lurching, real smooth.
Has anyone else had this update? This is the first I have heard of it. I spoke to a Porsche service tech about a month ago who said they were aware of the problem but had not received a fix yet. I have thought of it as a transmission mapping problem where it is too slow to downshift on part throttle acceleration. I was beginning to think the situation improved when I switched off PSM. It seemed to tap into different shift point mapping. This lurching is the complaint that P-Seller started this thread with and I agree with him. This has been a significant problem. If there is a fix let's get more information about it. Can you give us more details npplaw?
Old 11-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by YellowC4S
Torags,
Does that mean that I, a possible potential buyer, cannot come here and read this thread and make comments? At this point, I'm trying to figure out the difference between a "Loaded" Touareg and a "Base" Cayenne. Does anyone have the Infiniti FX45? Also looking at this one too.
I encourage you to ask questions and learn as much as you can on this and other threads (positive & negative). This is what I did when I was comparing the Treg to the Pepper.

I appreciated all the responses I received from many questions perhaps considered dumb by many, but after all I was ignorant.

I would cruise the owners threads without comment & learn, but I wouldn't post a subective comment comment about the color of the display or the S is ugly. I just think that's f**king rude.

Others have done it, but I wouldn't.

Quick Reply: What dont you guys like about your Cayennes? Be honest......