Sponsored by:

Helping identifying this

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 12:52 AM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Helping identifying this

I have searched for something in the owners's manual that would identify this button that is low on the drivers side center pillar ( between driver and passenger door)....Would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what this is for? Thanks!
Old 12-09-2016, 12:59 AM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

That turns off the interior motion detection. Say for instance you leave your kids or dog in the car and want to lock it... Not that anyone would do that.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:11 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Leave my dog in the car with some water and the window(s) down if going into store and the temps are below 80°F. She loves it. Hangs out the window if someone gets within 3 cars of her and looks real cute so they always give her attention. Found if I click the remote twice the first locks it, the second turns off the interior motion sensors. Both clicks flash the lights twice. They flash once when it unlocks.

All the employees in most of the stores I go to know her because people are afraid she is going to jump out and tell the store staff. They first couple of times at the store I get paged. Then the store staff tell them they know her and she will be fine. She never jumps out or barks at anyone. But if you tell her to say hello she will.

Once a lady called the police for leaving the dog in the car. It was 80 out with a 15 mph wind. Cayenne was right in front of the door at the Petco. People walking by were stoppng and petting her with her hanging out the window. The police drove past the car several times looking for a dog shut up in a car. Then he scolded the lady for wasting his time because there was not way the dog hanging out the window and had water to drink was getting too hot let alone it being only 80°F out.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:25 AM
7 Summits
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be a option in menu as well to turn it off/ deactivate it. First time mine went off when I had my dog with me and ran into 7-11.

Quick Reply: Helping identifying this