CD NOx bank 1 sensor 1 CEL

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 03:59 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default CD NOx bank 1 sensor 1 CEL

Any other Cayenne diesel owners receive this CEL -

P2200 NOx bank 1 sensor 1 circuit factory fault code 9574 ?

I just received it last Thursday, it's a yellow CEL on my 2013 CD. My Durametric Pro can't clear it so I don't know if the sensor failed, the sender failed, or the AdBlue system failed. My guess is it is simply a failed sensor (could be defective - age, or dirty and needs cleaning).

I called dealer and they'll look at it tomorrow. They said they've seen a few of these and will most likely need to order the part.

I have continued to drive without any fuel mileage loss or power loss, and I have not had the AdBlue "count-down of death" start either.

The CD has been great, except for a couple minor diesel specific issues - AdBlue heater sensor and now the NOx sensor.

If it is anything more than a simple sensor replacement, I'll keep posting, otherwise not.

PS - I guess the extended CPO warranty is a good thing after all.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:34 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Haven't seen it. If you aren't seeing a MPG hit then I expect it isn't causing the DPF to kick into gear more than expected. You could still be burning more than expected DEF though, but just not enough for you to notice unless you drove it like that for a long time.

I don't know how these age out compared to O2 sensors, but I'd guess just a random part failure.

Quick Reply: CD NOx bank 1 sensor 1 CEL