Cayenne S Hybrid low mileage

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 04:45 AM
maggie_p
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne S Hybrid low mileage

Dear All

First time here, getting no help from the dealer so maybe you guys can help me.

I have a beautiful 2013 Cayenne S Hybrid, I am the original owner. Ran 40k on the car with no problems except "O2 SENSOR REPLACEMENT at 35,000". But this summer after coming back from vacation and turning the car I got "Hybrid system warning" (yellow not red). Did not make much of it - it went away and never came back after I turned off the car and turned on back again. But I noticed that my mileage has dropped a lot. Used to be around 18-19City, now it is more like 13-16.

Took to the dealer he found some issue with "CAM sensor" and performed "CAMPAIGN WG19". Not sure what any of those things mean, but the problem did not get solved.

So, I have a couple of questions.
1. Is there a way to test the battery or hybrid system in general and which test I should ask the technician to do.

2. What is that WG19 thing is.

3. What would be a good hybrid-friendly technician to go to in Atlanta area. I talked to my current dealer about running some tests, and he refused to do anything, since no problem engine lights are lit. So, maybe it is worthwhile to go see someone else.

Thank you!
Maggie
Old 09-22-2016, 11:25 AM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think your best bet is to find another dealer. There are likely a multitude of tests that can be done, however, I don't believe anyone outside the dealer would really be qualified to do that. Most of the people here are engine/chassis heavy when it comes to knowledge, but the hybrid systems and batteries are a whole different ball game.

If you didn't replace the O2 sensor, you should as that's going to impact mileage. Not sure if that's your problem or not, though.

I would maybe try any local Porsche dealer to see if they come up with something different. There are a multitude of technicians the car could get assigned to, so I'm not sure there is going to be a preferred dealer with a hybrid-savvy tech.

Quick Reply: Cayenne S Hybrid low mileage