Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have insulated glass or sport seats?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 10:18 PM
beemaze
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For an answer on cell-fone reception...

Originally posted by Jeffrey Behr
...see above a few notes.

Did you READ these before you asked?

Tinted windows are different than thermally insulated windows as described above, THAT is why I asked.

And YES, I can READ.......
Old 11-08-2003, 02:15 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

off-pavement package, and no moon roof
Off-pavement appearance or equipment package? If it's the equipment package, did it include the detachable anti-roll bars? I'm assuming not.

Was the moon-roof a delete option or the car happened to arrive that way? I tried to order without the moon-roof and they initially refused and then said I'd have to make a hefty non-refundable deposit because the car would be "unsaleable" without it.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:18 AM
tahoeblue
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

About to order an '04 S with all the goodies. Would appreciate more feedback about insulated glass. Seems to be some conflicitng info above regarding cell phone reception. Would not want this option if in fact cell signal is reduced. My dealer says he has checked with P and would be no problem.

Would appreciate more on this from those with this option.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Jeffrey Behr
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Carrera GT--

(BTW have you ordered yours yet?)

"Off-pavement appearance or equipment package? If it's the equipment package, did it include the detachable anti-roll bars? I'm assuming not.

Was the moon-roof a delete option or the car happened to arrive that way? I tried to order without the moon-roof and they initially refused and then said I'd have to make a hefty non-refundable deposit because the car would be "unsaleable" without it."

Mine is the standard off-pavement package without the locking rear diff or the detachable antiroll bars. It includes running boards, black-plastic cladding around the fender openings and on the bottoms of the doors, and BLACK front and rear valances which I'll have painted body color (silver) soon.

I ordered mine 21 April and my salesguy said it was the 1st he'd seen that was accepted without a moonroof. BTW, if someone dropped a couple K$ in my lap, I think I"d buy the locking rear diff--the brake-actuated traction control works but is rather grabby compared with the smoothness (such as it can be on very lumpy and loose-surface trails) of the limited-slip diffs I'm used to.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:35 PM
tahoeblue
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Not sure how this info got into a discussion about thermal glass and cell phones. Still awaiting further clarity there.

Just ordered my car for Feb production. No thermal glass pending cell phone issue, but can change this until some time in Dec.

(Also thinking about front skid plate, but no other off-road additions.)
Old 11-11-2003, 01:04 AM
Jeffrey Behr
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Tahoe--

My 2 cellfones work just fine inside mine with thermally insulated glass.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:43 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Default Re: Carrera GT--

(BTW have you ordered yours yet?)
Nope. I did set up an order but they couldn't get the most interesting bits (detachable anti-roll bars for example) and even some simple stuff (eg. rear window sunscreens) couldn't be fulfilled at the time, plus there was no confidence in what the car would look like if ordered with the full-size rear-mounted swing-arm (eg. what size wheel would they put there is the car was ordered with the 20's) and the dealer had to fit the hitch (the factory wouldn't do both, it apparently conflicts with the tow-rating tongue wait) so I wasn't confident at all. Now, I've sort of lost interest, but the discounting is appealing. I'm pretty much a spectator for the time being and I'm interested to hear of '05 model or even interim '04 model options. I'd enjoy a 6spd with the v8 f'rinstance. I'd also like front and rear diff locks plus the full off-road equipment package but the price for the off-road equipment package alone induces instant fits of sticker shock. Procrastination is my friend.

Cheers,
Old 11-16-2003, 11:36 PM
quest
Track Day

Mobile Phone works just fine with the thermal glass. Just took delivery on Basalt Black/Grey TT, selling a 2003 996TT for the "practicality" of this vehicle. It is awesome, although I am feeling a bit of a "surge" when accelerating. Anyone experience the same with an '04?
Old 11-17-2003, 12:19 AM
beemaze
Instructor

Originally posted by quest
. It is awesome, although I am feeling a bit of a "surge" when accelerating. Anyone experience the same with an '04?
Not so sure what you mean by "surge." If you mean the boost from the turbo chargers - oh yea!!

There is a bit of hesitation from low speed when pressing the accelerator hard, but apparently there is a fix in the works.

Do a search on "turbo lag" and you'll get plenty of info here....
Old 11-26-2003, 12:25 AM
Arc4nUm

is it possible to add the air suspension in my cayenne s? because my dad bought a ready stock car when he came over as he needed a car urgently at that time.. and he bought this car without the air suspension..

so is it possible? thankss
Old 11-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Retrofit air suspension? Not worth it. Sell and get another one next year. Tell your dad to be less impetuous ...
Old 01-07-2004, 12:03 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Does the thermally insulated glass diminish the reception on radar/laser detectors?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Carrera GT--

Originally posted by Carrera GT
Nope. I did set up an order but they couldn't get the most interesting bits (detachable anti-roll bars for example) and even some simple stuff (eg. rear window sunscreens) couldn't be fulfilled at the time, plus there was no confidence in what the car would look like if ordered with the full-size rear-mounted swing-arm (eg. what size wheel would they put there is the car was ordered with the 20's) and the dealer had to fit the hitch (the factory wouldn't do both, it apparently conflicts with the tow-rating tongue wait) so I wasn't confident at all. Now, I've sort of lost interest, but the discounting is appealing. I'm pretty much a spectator for the time being and I'm interested to hear of '05 model or even interim '04 model options. I'd enjoy a 6spd with the v8 f'rinstance. I'd also like front and rear diff locks plus the full off-road equipment package but the price for the off-road equipment package alone induces instant fits of sticker shock. Procrastination is my friend.

Cheers,
Well, it's an old post, and your questions have probably been answered by now, but the rear tire carrier looks very nice. Keep in mind though, I'm one of the few here at this dealerhship that likes it. If you order the vehicle with 20" rims, the tire carrier can also be ordered with the matching 20" rim.

The one vehicle we delivered with the carrier arrived with both the trailer hitch and the tire carrier installed from factory. Tire carrier does not affect the tongue weight at all.

I have pics of the carrier if you wnt to see them.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:31 PM
airtire
Track Day

I have both options.

I have no problem with Cell Reception, I am getting all of my reception bars.

I do have a problem with my XM Radio reception. Of course, I am doing what I am not supposed to do. I have the Roady and in my former ride, a Navigator, I would just lay the antenna on the dash and got great reception. With the Cayenne, it is not good and I will have to mount the antenna outside the cabin. It may have to do with the insulated glass

As for the comfort seats, they are comfy, but since I do not have the standard issue to compare them to, I can not say how much better they are.

I have some other gripes about the Cayenne, coming from a Navigator cruise ship down to a cigarette boat as comparison, but I will leave that for another post.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:54 PM
cavemans55
8th Gear

Originally posted by airtire
I do have a problem with my XM Radio reception.
I put in the XM Commander and mounted the small antenna on the roof. The reception has been horrible. I have it on the side and ran the wire up the molding. It is a clean look but doesn't work. I am going to try moving it toward the middle and see if that helps.

I love the insulated glass. I haven't had the Cayenne in warm weather yet but I find that it stays warmer, longer. If I run into the store for half an hour the car isn't freezing cold when I come out.

I haven't had any more cell phone reception problems than usual...

I avoided the whole detector issue by installing a Passport SRX. It is clean, works extremely well, and doesn't just detect laser, it stops it. I can attest to the fact that it works! The SRX costs a few bucks more but I do tend to drive my Cayenne in a "spirited" fashion. I like to think of it as a cost saving measure.

Quick Reply: anyone have insulated glass or sport seats?