Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse 12 in the Waterbox

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2024 | 05:53 PM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

So far the 4 relay coils for secondary air, vacuum pump, and after-run pump tested good, coils draw under 0.2A, ran it 3 mins. The contacts open and close properly.

next, I wanted to look at the relay underneath the driver’s side panel the one @E_Swift is talking about.

Last edited by Porsche_Turbo; 09-05-2024 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2024 | 03:00 PM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

So ran the car without the after-run relay, and no more blown F12. All other relays were in place.
this tells me something is up with the after run relay and/or pump. When I tested the relay previously, all looked ok, current draw was under 0.2A, it was more closer to 0.1A

I can hear the secondary air pumps working fine and the brake booster vacuum pump working fine.

car did register an internal manufacturer fault code for the no relay condition on the after-run pump.

next step, run car without the secondary air relays, but install the after-run relay and see what happens to the fuse.
Old 09-06-2024 | 08:34 PM
theprf
Race Car

The coolant after run pump is behind & above the left front tire behind the liner. Might try unplugging it. I have had those pumps seize up on other cars.
Old 09-07-2024 | 12:13 PM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

Originally Posted by theprf
The coolant after run pump is behind & above the left front tire behind the liner. Might try unplugging it. I have had those pumps seize up on other cars.
That will be my next step. As per the schematic, looks like 2 wires from the F12 go to the after-run pump. Definitely one of those circuits causing F12 to blow. I just don’t know what the 2 circuits are. I’ve been driving around 2 days with the after-run coolant pump relay out, and all is working fine. No check engine light, or warning lights.
Old 09-07-2024 | 11:17 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Pro

So where are all 5 "404" relays located?
sounds like the after run coolant pump one is under the dash as shown in this thread, but is there only 1 or 2 under the dash, if only 1, where is the other one?. I see the 4 "404" relays on the water box, which are which?

Secondary pumps and vac pump for booster are working, but my after run pump dorsnt seem to run much, nor the fans after shutdown.
i did notice i the fans on and the puno running the other day after shutdown at home, so its working.

Maybe ita not meeting the criteria to run it? Seems like it should after every shutdown but maybe not.
does anyone know what criteria must be meet for the after run pump to work, and the fans, after shutdown?

Last edited by Corvetteboy6988; 09-07-2024 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2024 | 07:52 PM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

Originally Posted by Corvetteboy6988
So where are all 5 "404" relays located?
sounds like the after run coolant pump one is under the dash as shown in this thread, but is there only 1 or 2 under the dash, if only 1, where is the other one?. I see the 4 "404" relays on the water box, which are which?

Secondary pumps and vac pump for booster are working, but my after run pump dorsnt seem to run much, nor the fans after shutdown.
i did notice i the fans on and the puno running the other day after shutdown at home, so its working.

Maybe ita not meeting the criteria to run it? Seems like it should after every shutdown but maybe not.
does anyone know what criteria must be meet for the after run pump to work, and the fans, after shutdown?
See my earlier post, I show the relay list and and locations.
I actually found no reason to check any of the relays underneath the driver side dash, as none of them seem to be related to any of the circuits fuse F12 protects. Not sure where @E_Swift traced a circuit there.

Quick Reply: Fuse 12 in the Waterbox