Fuse 12 in the Waterbox

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 03:43 AM
E_Swift
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I remember...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321603942659?clk_rvr_id=1060443859338&rmvSB=true
And yes, I found it by working with the wiring diagram.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:06 AM
dxflyer
7th Gear

Cool. Thank you.
I will take pictures so I can share and post.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:30 AM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dxflyer
Okay. I got the relay out. Thank you.

Just to confirm its made by servotronic. Its a really tall one. First time I have seen a relay like this.

Do you know what this relay controls? When I google it seems that it controls the variable power steering...

I am amazed how you found this relay. Did this show on the wiring diagram.
What you have there is the Power Steering Servotronic relay control module.

It is not just a relay, but also controls the variable power steering.

It is powered from a 5 amp fuse f49 located under the left dash fuse box.

It is not the relay E_Swift is referring to.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:53 PM
AHMAD_PDX
3rd Gear

Hello all, I'm having the same issue on an 05. I don't any trays or relays when I look under the driver side dash near the center console.

Anyone able to provide a picture of the location of this relay?
Old 10-17-2016, 11:45 PM
E_Swift
Track Day

I should have taken a picture when I was in there. Started blowing fuses again so I may dig in soon.

By any chance did you get that absolute steal of a Turbo (that needed a little work) on Craigslist last week, Ahmad?
Old 10-18-2016, 12:00 AM
AHMAD_PDX
3rd Gear

Hey E_Swift, Yes, I think. Was it the black turbo with key/body/headlight problems? It needs more TLC than the seller believed. Working down list of issues to try to restore it to former glory

Looking forward to those pics. A bit dismayed you are seeing the the same issues again.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:12 AM
E_Swift
Track Day

I will post here when I have pictures. You may have already figured it out but the headlight that wasn't working may have just been the pins between the housing for the headlight module and the socket. I have bent mine before - easy to straighten...
Old 10-18-2016, 10:42 PM
AHMAD_PDX
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by E_Swift
I will post here when I have pictures. You may have already figured it out but the headlight that wasn't working may have just been the pins between the housing for the headlight module and the socket. I have bent mine before - easy to straighten...
Sadly it was not the pins. The light flickers on for a couple if seconds then turns off and the "dipped beam" warning comes up. Could be a blown fuse for the headlight level motor?!
Old 11-25-2016, 10:42 PM
E_Swift
Track Day

Finally got around to pulling mine apart again...

Here are some pictures of the relay marked "404", which sits above the driver's right shin. You have to get on your back and look up under the driver's side dash. There are two grey relay trays clipped in. The correct one is mostly hidden by the trim panel under the steering wheel and needs some coaxing to remove.

bottom of picture is towards steering wheel. Looking up from driver footwell. Half-hidden grey relay tray is the one. If you loosen 3 of 4 retaining clips, it can be pulled out.

Here is the freed relay tray. Black relay is the culprit. Or at least was, in my case.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:14 AM
Just_Dirty
Advanced

So will that Windshield washer relay that you linked in the Ebay post work as a replacement to the 404 relay under the dash?
Old 11-05-2019, 06:05 AM
KermitGB
8th Gear

Originally Posted by E_Swift
Finally got around to pulling mine apart again...

Here are some pictures of the relay marked "404", which sits above the driver's right shin. You have to get on your back and look up under the driver's side dash. There are two grey relay trays clipped in. The correct one is mostly hidden by the trim panel under the steering wheel and needs some coaxing to remove.

bottom of picture is towards steering wheel. Looking up from driver footwell. Half-hidden grey relay tray is the one. If you loosen 3 of 4 retaining clips, it can be pulled out.

Here is the freed relay tray. Black relay is the culprit. Or at least was, in my case.
Thank you for the invaluable information helping to keep my 04 CTT alive. I know this is an old post but does anyone know whether this relay location is the same for RHD cars, that is, on the left side of the dash or will it be whichever side the steering wheel is on?
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Would this cause any drivability issues?
Im seeing at the same time, or coincidence, my fuel trims are all showing 0 now.

Quick Reply: Fuse 12 in the Waterbox