Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

22" Deluxe Design D10 Wheels with tires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 12:19 PM
PupC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 22" Deluxe Design D10 Wheels with tires?

I currently have 3 sets of wheels and tires for my 2004 CTT....

A new winter set of 20"s with Pirellis Snow and Ice for winter

A set of GTS 21" wheels that were just refinished, (have't even picked them up yet), With Michelins

Last , a set of 22" Deluxe Design D10 Wheels, with a new set of Nexens, less than 1000 miles on them. The wheels sold for $3ooo when new , back in 2010... They have some dings but look nice... I am not going to use them...

Any thoughts on what they may be worth?

Here is a couple pix on my CTT..
Old 04-07-2016, 10:24 AM
PupC
Rennlist Member

No thoughts?
Old 04-09-2016, 03:33 AM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by PupC
No thoughts?
$1000-$1200 maybe?

If I may ask, what's your reason for not using these 22"s?
Old 04-09-2016, 09:49 AM
PupC
Rennlist Member

I really like the GTS wheels and bought a set... These wheels are nice.. I just prefer the GTS wheels.

Interested?

bc
Old 04-09-2016, 09:07 PM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

I really like the GTS wheels and bought a set... These wheels are nice.. I just prefer the GTS wheels.

Interested?

bc
No thanks. I just got out of a set of 22"s. Too heavy.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:06 AM
PupC
Rennlist Member

Too heavy? are you carrying them around or putting them on your Cayenne?

I would guess that the weight difference between 21's and 22's is in total less than the weight of a quarter tank of fuel.

My 22's are nice , I just prefer the GTS wheels.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:29 AM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

I was referring to the effect of rotational weight. Also, I was referring to the set of 22"s which the previous owner installed on my Cayenne.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:45 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Too heavy? are you carrying them around..?
that's just plain funny.

But as I stop chuckling,... it occurs to me that it really is a valid concern (as I age),... ie, hoisting my 21's up onto my Tire Rack mounted high up on my garage wall is NO EASY TASK!

I still have my 19" winter setup on my Cayenne now,.. & not looking forward to hoisting down those 21's. Besides they look so pretty up on the wall,... all shiny & clean,... like wall art.

But PupC, I can say that I like the silver accents on your Cayenne. With all the comments over the last year+ about "blacked-out" this&that,... it's nice to see one with the silver roof rails, window trim & rims to match. It looks great. I hope your GTS rims & your 20's are also silver rims. looks good to me. I love contrasting colors & shadows (part of the reason I have a white one,... I can see the black air duct vents better, etc).
..... or maybe it's just that my vision is failing me over the years ;-)

GLWS. I agree w/ mclaudio,.. but with that tire tread left, maybe a 3 to 4 hundred more in asking price.
.... Put them up on a major classified at a higher price, and then post in the RL classifieds for a couple hundred less & sell to an enthusiast.

=Steve
Old 04-12-2016, 04:10 PM
PupC
Rennlist Member

Steve,

Good to know that there is another guy here, we'll say, "We are vintage" not old..., that appreciates contrast in wheel/trim color...

I see all these cars/trucks/suv's with blacked out wheels... I just don't get it...

In my day it was staggered Cragars!

I guess I am just Ol School.

Things change, ( I tend not to), but, things do change...

bc
Old 04-12-2016, 05:37 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

... disclosure & transparency (since those seem to be the buzz words of this decade eh!)..

I will add that my CTT is indeed "blacked out" with the options that were chosen. But it is a WHITE vehicle,... so my eyes like to see the contrast differences,... thus my blacked out window trim, blacked out headlight bezels, tail lights, black roof rails (all as "options"), plus the stnd black plastic in the vent grills, and obvious black tire rubber, all contrast to the paint,..... & it moves me to say YES I like a splash of brushed aluminum in my rims (the aluminum is bright, so it kinda matches up with the white paint). I'm actually one of the guys who likes my stock issue Turbo II rims. They have a dark interior which allows me to go longer between brake dust clean-off. And the brushed spokes look cool when rotating out on the road.

All personal choices. Just sayin' I "am" actually a blacked out guy,... but for a different reason (not a murdered guy ;-) ... so I hear ya loud & clear bc.

=Steve

Last edited by bweSteve; 04-12-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: 22" Deluxe Design D10 Wheels with tires?