Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 10:10 AM
PJinSD
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clock Keeps Resetting to 1:11 PM

Greetings,

TL;DR

Clock keeps resetting itself to 1:11 PM. It will progress in time for as many as 17 minutes, before resetting. Any thoughts on what causes this clock behavior?

Full Detail:

Our 2004 Cayenne S had varying electrical "ghosts" since we bought it used in April 2014. I finally tracked it down to the ground point MB22 and MB23 both having loose nuts. Therefore the ground for all those attached electrical components was intermittent, especially in high humidity conditions. For the record, the primary symptom that led to diagnosising the loose ground was the cabin air conditioning/heating system completely losing power. Using the diagram Wiring Diagram - 25 - Ground points left-hand drive - 9PAAE1 - 2004 - 4, I was able to isolate the ground points. That was resolved in December 2014.

Ever since then, the clock keeps resetting to 1:11 PM (or 13:11). All three clocks -- on the radio, near the speedometer, and on the AC/Heat control unit -- display the same behavior. Sometimes one will reset before the others, but it's only moments before. They must be synchronized.

As part of troubleshooting this issue, I replaced the battery under the driver's seat around October 2015. The car contained the original factory battery.

Any thoughts? Can anyone explain, or point me to the documentation on, how the clock system works? For example, what ultimately controls the "current time"/how are all three clocks interlinked?

- PJ

Quick Reply: Clock Keeps Resetting to 1:11 PM