Sponsored by:

PPI in Palo Alto

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 11:58 PM
TommyV
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PPI in Palo Alto

The Cayenne I'm looking at is in Palo Alto. Has anyone got an opinion on San Carlos German Motor Works for a PPI? Or recommendations for a shop near Palo Alto.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:13 AM
KarlJC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2008 with Unique Options ?
Old 12-17-2015, 12:26 AM
timwu12
Instructor

i've been to a few shops in the bay area. Heyers performance was recommended, but he couldn't care less about my business, so I went to a competitor down the street, Modderman Service. They only specialize in Porsches, but their head tech wasn't too knowledgable with a lot of cayenne specific items. When I brought my 08 CTT in for a valve body replacement, he said he's never seen a hydraulic front roll bar. He was referring to the PDCC!

I developed an engine lean code and brought it into Modderman again, and they couldn't figure it out so I decided to try San Carlos German Motor Works and they figured it out. Extremely attentive, good service, techs are quite knowledgeable, I wouldn't hesitate to go there for a thorough PPI.

If you go with them, tell them Tim with the 08 black CTT sent you!

And if you're referring to the silver 08 CTT for sale on CL, that one's been there for a while. Don't know what the story is on it though
Old 12-17-2015, 12:31 AM
KarlJC
Instructor

Originally Posted by timwu12
And if you're referring to the silver 08 CTT for sale on CL, that one's been there for a while. Don't know what the story is on it though
+1
Old 12-17-2015, 08:07 AM
TommyV
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KarlJC
The 2008 with Unique Options ?
Yes, that's the one. I think it's been on for a while for a couple reasons. He's slow to communicate because work is really busy, and he acknowledged that he is priced above market. Those things combined with the lack of info in the ad don't draw a lot of lookers.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:54 AM
KarlJC
Instructor

Originally Posted by TommyV
Yes, that's the one. I think it's been on for a while for a couple reasons. He's slow to communicate because work is really busy, and he acknowledged that he is priced above market. Those things combined with the lack of info in the ad don't draw a lot of lookers.
My seller and his add where the same way, turned out to be an excellent deal.

Quick Reply: PPI in Palo Alto