Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid - Rear Seat Entertainment Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Daryl Leigh
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid - Rear Seat Entertainment Problem

Dear All

This is my first post, so let me know if I say or do anything wrong!

I have recently bought a brand new Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid, which by the way is fantastic!

I was a little trigger happy with the options, like most people do when they have a list of options, not knowing when is enough.

The rear seat entertainment was an important one for the long journeys, with kids in the back, etc.

The quality of the picture is exceptional but I have an issue getting sound from the screens to the PCM easily, as it always requires a lot of messing around, going to the PCM, then back to the screens, there and back, there and back. etc.

The headphones work fine, but they are only really useful for older children or adults.

I want the sound to output through the PCM Bose setup and to do that, it seems like the PCM connects to each rear seat entertainment screen as a bluetooth mp3 player. In theory it sounds great, but the problem occurs as I have my iPhone 6 connected as a bluetooth connection for handsfree. So in essence, I have to each time, disconnect my phone from the mp3 player list in BT AUX, making sure the phone stays connected in PHONE (handsfree) and then go to the rear seat screen, click settings, network, bluetooth, connect. Then go back to the PCM, pressing MEDIA until the BT AUX comes up, then go back to the screen and press connect again.

This seems such a long winded way to setup the screens to player through the PCM and the speaker setup, and defeats the ease of having them!

I would like the right hand side rear screen, to, as default connect to the PCM as a bluetooth mp3 player without all the messing around each time. Been to two dealerships who do not know what to do, hence, why I am hoping you guys can help.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Daryl

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid - Rear Seat Entertainment Problem