Laser jamming comments

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser jamming comments

From K40 third party review co.:

"Laser looks for flat, reflective surfaces of the target vehicle such as the front license plate. In the eighteen states and five Canadian provinces with no front plate, the laser is aimed at the headlights. Vehicular shape and color affect the laser gun’s ability to target a vehicle. A black Firebird with pop-down headlights and no front plate is extremely difficult, if not impossible to measure. A white car at 1,000 feet has 10 times the reflectivity of a black car at the same distance. A large eighteen wheeler with chrome bumpers is a sitting duck. Laser’s effective range when targeted at the front of a vehicle is approximately 1,000 feet. From the rear up to 4,000 feet. Rear reception is assisted by the reflectors in the tail lights and the square back design of most vehicles."

I have a V1 & thought of installing the K40, but the Cayenne may be slippery enough (without front plate) to make it unnecessary.

Any comments???
Old 09-21-2003, 06:24 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sorry I do not believe these claims, I do not know about these devices but I do know the gun technology (not speed trap devices) and any protection afforded has got to be marginal as almost anything will reflect if the gun is trained correctly.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:42 PM
dawktah
Racer

Speaking of V-1 if the officer is using Laser can the beam hit your car and not be picked up by V-1? The Chicago Police are using some handheld device that my V-1 is NOT picking up!

I wouldn't trust that claim either. Let me know how effective K-40 is.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Just got back; The claims made were part of an evaluatrion of radar jamming devices.

This is the link - you may prefer to draw your conclusions after you read the test.

http://www.k40.com/Dealers/DealerSup...0LASERWARS.PDF

Quick Reply: Laser jamming comments