Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSM CEL on - not the battery - any guesses?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 12:52 PM
John Welch.
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face PSM CEL on - not the battery - any guesses?

There are no codes using an OBD reader and my Durametric is being shipped as we speak .

My battery was dying and I was getting flaky errors on and off.

Sometimes, I can't remove the key from the ignition switch. When you turn the key to the left to shut off the engine, it won't come out. Turning it back to the right without starting the engine and then back to the left will let me get the key out.

After the key is removed, the message, Please turn key to the left for 2 seconds is displayed. (I tried the 2 second thing but then the key won't come out)

The gear indicator lights, PRND, on the display were all lit at once. Shifting was normal and this comes and goes.

The ABS, and PSM CEL lights came on and the Air suspension faulty workshop message were all displayed at once while I'm driving on the interstate. The Car seemed to be running ok and made it home with no issues.

So now I have replaced the front battery, checked the rear battery (12.6 volts), and the PSM CEL is still on.

I tried the PSM reset of turning the wheel to the left and right 20 degrees, but I can't really drive forward at 4 mph. Once I start moving the PSM light starts flashing and if feels like the rear brakes are being applied.

Even though I have the PSM CEL, it feels like the PSM is active and its preventing me from driving.

So, anybody want to take a guess of what it might be. I know its pretty hopeless without the codes...

Quick Reply: PSM CEL on - not the battery - any guesses?