Sponsored by:

Durametric codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 02:56 AM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Durametric codes

Can anyone shed any light on the following codes?

I`ve scoured the net but came up with zero, can't find any reference to the "CAN comfort OFF" that is referred to or either of the codes
Old 08-19-2015, 03:06 AM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

I`m still getting an intermittent "4WD system faulty" or something along those lines, flashes up intermittently with no pattern and generally disappears after a second or two

I have the latest revision of the stepper motor (part number ends with a "C") and I`ve cleaned all the electrical plugs on it with electrical connection cleaner

Frustratingly it doesn't have any stored fault codes either

I should point out that I have a new battery and I believe the old battery was fine but I swopped it anyway

Need to investigate further but I suspect I have a parasitic drain of some kind too

Ideas?
Old 08-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

So, under normal conditions is the small 4WD symbol on the dash (looks kinds like an "H" turned 90 degrees if that makes sense) illuminated or not?

I ask as when I first started driving the car today all was well and that symbol wasn't illuminated, then out of nowhere I get the "4WD System Fault" flash up for a couple of seconds and then disappear on the MFD and then the 4WD symbol that previously wasn't illuminated now is

Thoughts?
Old 08-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Hotruck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durametric

Did you try Durametric.com

There's a great tutorial there...
Old 08-20-2015, 06:14 PM
porschefan931
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Is your battery in good shape? First port of call for any weirdness in the 4WD Fault warning is that your battery may be on it's way out.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:06 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hotruck
Did you try Durametric.com

There's a great tutorial there...
There is?!

I`ve had a good poke around on that site and could find nothing that helped with the issues I`ve outlined
Old 08-21-2015, 12:41 AM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porschefan931
Is your battery in good shape? First port of call for any weirdness in the 4WD Fault warning is that your battery may be on it's way out.
That was the first thing I changed. its a month old at most.

I`m pretty sure the old battery was fine (I have some good battery diagnostic tools for work that calculate AH etc and give an overall picture of the batteries health)

I do wonder if I have a parasitic drain of some kind thats dragging the entire electrical system down and giving me these random faults
Old 08-24-2015, 01:08 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I had some similar issues after a battery failure back in March. Durametric was unable to clear the CAN and gateway codes. I ignored them and the car is fine now. I suspect that PIWIS is the only way to clear some of these more challenging codes.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3.2 Targa
I had some similar issues after a battery failure back in March. Durametric was unable to clear the CAN and gateway codes. I ignored them and the car is fine now. I suspect that PIWIS is the only way to clear some of these more challenging codes.
Hmmm, so you attempted to clear with Durametric and it couldn't or you managed to clear and they came back?

I can clear but the CAN code keeps coming back
Old 09-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Sniffer
Rennlist Member

The "4WD System Fault" persists, could almost set my watch by it now. When the car is cold I can start and drive for 15 minutes until I get the warning flash up, then if I stop the car and start it relatively quickly again (before it has cooled down) I get the fault immediately

It seems the fault is linked to temperature, for example if the car has been driven but sat and cooled for a while (but not totally cold) then the warning doesn't flash up immediately but it doesn't take the 15 minutes it would when cold either - somewhere in between

Strange thing is there is no fault codes but when I look at "Actual Values" (think thats the correct term) I get this (third line -"Selector Switch" -"Error Low Range"):

That can't be right surely?

Quick Reply: Durametric codes