Sponsored by:

No Response from Keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 10:13 AM
MichaelinChicago
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Response from Keyfob

Last night I locked my 2015 Cayenne S with the keyfob and this morning the car does not respond to either of the keyfobs at all. The red light on the keyfobs comes on when any of the buttons are pressed. I even put new batteries in them. Still no response. Had to leave the car in my office parking garage overnight. No response again this morning. Any of you folks have a clue?
Old 08-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Are you able to get into your car? If not, you can try using the emergency key inside the fob. If you get in, there is usually an area under the steering wheel where you hold you fob to make sure it is getting the signal to the system. If that works, drive it and see if it repeats.

If that doesnt work or it repeats the next time you stop....time to go to a dealer or call roadside assistance I would think.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:06 AM
MichaelinChicago
Track Day

I was able to use the small key that slides out of the keyfob to remove the cover over the door handle lock and unlock the car. Once inside I was able to start the car normally. However, after shutting it off and exiting, the car still does not respond to signals from either of the keyfobs. I'll try looking for that spot under the steering wheel and will drive it home tonight to see if either of those things restore the functionality. Otherwise, it's in to the dealer. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:12 AM
MichaelinChicago
Track Day

After a little searching on this forum and a short call with a service advisor at my dealership, I was able to resolve my keyfob issues.

Once I found the keyhole (duh) and unlocked the car with the key from the keyfob, it was a simple matter of starting the engine with the keyfob and then shutting it off again. At first, the car still would not respond to keyfob inputs to lock or unlock the car. But I drove the car home (took about 30 minutes) and all is working fine now. I guess they needed time to get to know one another again.

There are some great resources on this forum that helped me as much as the dealer. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: No Response from Keyfob