Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in, Karl--I'm there!

Geoff.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Scott in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

Karl, Thanks please do let me know. It would be fun to see a group of these cars off road together. Take care,
Old 10-02-2003, 11:00 PM
EuroCarNut
Instructor

Scott,

Just got back from you neck of the wood and didn't see a single Cayenne. I did however see more Ford F-Series truck than I've ever seen. There are a lot more Chevys in Dallas, but I've always heard that Ford sells more trucks. Now I know where they all are.

Spent the last 2 days down at the King Ranch for their 150th Year Celebration (flew into SA and rented a car, so no Cayenne pics). Dinner on the lawn of the main house was great. During the ranch tour, noticed the Santa Gert. part of the ranch seemed very flat and open. I suspect quite a bit of the terrain down there is like that. What a great operation. The Kleberg/Fogalson family was very hospitable. Imagine having 825,000 acres in one place to off-road. A very humbling experience indeed.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:28 PM
Scott in Texas
Addict
Rennlist Member

Karl, I used to have a 30k acre lease on the Laureles Division of the King Ranch and then later had another 30K acre lease on the Kennedy Ranch in nearby Kennedy County. You are correct for the most part the land in Nueces, Kleberg and Kennedy Counties is pretty flat but not totally flat. Trust me when you are out in the boonies deep into a ranch like that where you have to drive an hour or more after you enter the Ranch just to reach your part of it you know you are "away from it all". The stars sure are bright at night out there. The cool part of it is that from my House in Corpus Christi I drove less time to get to the gate where I entered the King Ranch than it took me to drive from that gate to the pastures that I had leased and I was on a paved roads inside the ranch the entire time. In other words I was far away but then not really in terms of the amount of time it took me to get there. If you look at a Texas map and see Alazon bay on the north side of Baffin Bay the lease I had on the King Ranch was the east and north side of Alazon bay and it bordered a fair amount of Baffin bay to the south. A very cool place. The part of Kennedy ranch that I was on was the land that borders Baffin bay on the south side of Baffin. Wish I still had access to those places it is getting close to that time of year where it would be fun to be out there. Take care,

Quick Reply: Off-Road Photos