Sponsored by:

Questions about PCM 2.1 head unit wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 02:03 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Questions about PCM 2.1 head unit wiring

I'm installing an iSimple Bluetooth unit in my 06 with PCM 2.1. It has just four wires; power, ground, on/off button, and mic. Is the space behind the PCM head unit open so routing wires behind the dash is fairly simple, or is it an enclosure? Can someone tell me the colors of the switched power and ground wires in the PCM wire harness? I plan to run the mic wire under the dash and up the LH A-pillar to the roof console, where I hope it will fit it under the console cover. I assume that there's no OEM mic there as my car doesn't have the factory phone box.

Last edited by DWPC; 07-06-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:53 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

bump.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:03 PM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

I don't have an answer for you, but I'd love for you to update the thread or PM me after your install because I am getting close to doing the same thing and the mic location and routing is a concern (as well as wiring).
Old 07-06-2015, 03:07 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jpru2001
I don't have an answer for you, but I'd love for you to update the thread or PM me after your install because I am getting close to doing the same thing and the mic location and routing is a concern (as well as wiring).
Will do. I'm hoping someone cal give me the wire colors so I don't have hunt down the pwr & ground on the head unit.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:13 PM
porschefan931
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DWC in Sedona
I'm installing an iSimple Bluetooth unit in my 06 with PCM 2.1. It has just four wires; power, ground, on/off button, and mic. Is the space behind the PCM head unit open so routing wires behind the dash is fairly simple, or is it an enclosure? Can someone tell me the colors of the switched power and ground wires in the PCM wire harness? I plan to run the mic wire under the dash and up the LH A-pillar to the roof console, where I hope it will fit it under the console cover. I assume that there's no OEM mic there as my car doesn't have the factory phone box.
Don't know if this will help? Taken when i installed a Dension system

For some reason Photobucket put them in upside down, but you get the idea. I think i just tapped into the switched live at the back of the unit and then the cable ran down the back into the passenger foot well where i installed the Dension unit.

You can see the end of the fiber optic cable, it was pretty short and only just made it into the footwell.

I removed the A pillar cover to put the microphone wire and my Speed Trap detector wiring behind it. Just be careful that you don't route the wires over the airbag.

Quick Reply: Questions about PCM 2.1 head unit wiring