Sponsored by:

driver's auxiliary high beam out

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:26 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default driver's auxiliary high beam out

My 04 CTT has a functioning passenger side h7 auxiliary high beam (the "flash to pass" that comes on when you pull the stalk with the xenons off, etc) but the driver's side won't work. I replaced the bulb today and found that the bulb I removed was not burnt out, nor did the new bulb work. I checked the right hand dashboard fuse #8, which was fine. It's the fuse for both of the auxiliary high beams, and I guess it makes sense that the fuse was fine since the passenger side works.

What now? Wiring harness? I haven't been able to hook up to the headlight control module with the durametric, so I don't know if there are errors or not.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:35 AM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You may try swapping the harnesses from each side to see if the issue follows the harness. Next would be checking the actual connection to the bulb. Beyond that, and you'd be checking the rest of the harness with a multimeter.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:35 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Well I was about to break out the multimeter, but a little trial and error found the cause. Poor connection at the main plug that goes into the headlight assy. Sometimes even the xenon light won't work, sometimes it all works. How to get this thing to connect well?

Last edited by knfeparty; 06-24-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:01 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Does anyone have a diagram mapping out the pins of the connector, or am I going to have to figure it out myself with the multimeter?

Quick Reply: driver's auxiliary high beam out