Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono and Entry & Drive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 12:34 PM
PUZZ1
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Sport Chrono and Entry & Drive?

Are these options must haves or not worth the $$? And if you had to choose one, what would it be?
Old 04-23-2015, 12:43 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

On a new build? Which model?

I don't like the idea or implementation of E&D systems so it's more of a must not have in my opinion.

For the SC it depends. On the 958.1 and older it just adds a different dash clock and some timer features. I believe that is all it does on the 958.2 in the diesel and base models too. I think it actually is more akin to the car functionality in the S and above models for the 958.2 (and I think it's called Sport Plus?), but I could be misremembering.

I have the Sport Chrono clock, but not the actual features. I like it better than the analog clock and while my OCD would like the SC features to be enabled, I'm not exactly missing them in my 2013 diesel.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely the entry and drive for me. I like not having to pull the key out to start the car. Plus it adds some other features like unlocking doors with touch on the handle, maybe closing rear hatch from key or something...several things in the manual say "if equipped with E&D".

The sport chrono in my opinion is nice, but not a must have. It does at the Sport clock and some MFD timer options (neither of which do much for me). The other thing is the sport plus button. Like the regular sport button it gives an even more aggressive shift and RPM pattern. Plus it gives you launch control for all but the eHybrid for a .1 second faster 60 time.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:53 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I can't imagine not having entry and drive. Sure it is a major headache when it isn't working right, but you must be talking about a new build where it'll either work or you have a warranty to CYA.

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono and Entry & Drive?