Sponsored by:

System Fault Headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:09 PM
wdjsinger
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System Fault Headlamp

I have an electrical bug in my 2008 3.6 Cayenne that is discharging the battery and the vehicle information display is intermittently saying there is a "System Fault Headlamp". Coinciding with this warning message, is a failure to be able to turn on the cruise by moving the steering column lever and a strange functioning of the turn signal/bright-dimmer lever (the brights won't turn off unless you move the turn signal and conversely the turn signal can be turned off by hitting the brights). I've checked the fuses in all three fuse boxes and removed the headlamp assemblies and thoroughly treated them with a hair dryer. Also, I've disconnected the battery in an attempt to reset the system. Nothing has seemed to have any effect. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced an electrical fault in the these left-side steering column levers. It seems like it has to be in the steering column with the cruise system being affected.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:25 PM
Solmy
1st Gear

Default Hey wdjsinger

Originally Posted by wdjsinger
I have an electrical bug in my 2008 3.6 Cayenne that is discharging the battery and the vehicle information display is intermittently saying there is a "System Fault Headlamp". Coinciding with this warning message, is a failure to be able to turn on the cruise by moving the steering column lever and a strange functioning of the turn signal/bright-dimmer lever (the brights won't turn off unless you move the turn signal and conversely the turn signal can be turned off by hitting the brights). I've checked the fuses in all three fuse boxes and removed the headlamp assemblies and thoroughly treated them with a hair dryer. Also, I've disconnected the battery in an attempt to reset the system. Nothing has seemed to have any effect. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced an electrical fault in the these left-side steering column levers. It seems like it has to be in the steering column with the cruise system being affected.
hey wdjsinger , did u take care of the problem with ur cayenne? I'm having the same problem , battery draining n getting same message ( system fault headlamp )
Old 05-08-2020, 09:59 PM
OsherHaus
2nd Gear

Default I wish someone would know the answer...

Originally Posted by wdjsinger
I have exactly same problem.
Would like to add: heat blower also doesn't work.
Need to Boost in 15 - 20 min, after engine was off every time.
Happened yesterday. Just turned ignition off, and in 20-30 min planned to go out, and thisss happened.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:36 PM
OsherHaus
2nd Gear

Replacing Battery solved the problem!

Quick Reply: System Fault Headlamp