Sponsored by:

factory sirius antenna

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 10:00 AM
turbosporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory sirius antenna

my 2006 cs with pcm2.1 and factory sat radio constantly shows acquiring signal. My question is which antenna under the rear spoiler do i replace and whats the part number. I want to keep it all factory.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:06 AM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 549 Likes on 346 Posts

The antenna is very poor and a known issue. If you are in trees or behind a hill it is constantly losing signal. Sometimes it would lose signal even in the open. It was a pain in my 05 CTT. I don't have sat in my 06 CTTS so I installed an aftermarket sat radio. I have yet to lose signal.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:15 AM
turbosporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnrat
The antenna is very poor and a known issue. If you are in trees or behind a hill it is constantly losing signal. Sometimes it would lose signal even in the open. It was a pain in my 05 CTT. I don't have sat in my 06 CTTS so I installed an aftermarket sat radio. I have yet to lose signal.
i know they are poor.

I agree with the aftermarkets are better as i put 2 in my other cars. just don't want to mess with the car. its never been damaged nothing has been removed inside except of the hatch struts. the inside is sqeake free. and with 101k on the dash i like to keep it that way. I just rather replace the antenna and be done with it. any way to still get the factory one.

Quick Reply: factory sirius antenna