Sponsored by:

New 05 CTT owner, crazy clunk sound question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 02:52 AM
sfkid
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 05 CTT owner, crazy clunk sound question

Lurking for a little while learning about the CTTs prior to buying a 'new to me' one recently. Still reading a lot and learning about the CTTs idiosyncrasies. Thanks for the posts and blogs.

Now for the crazy clunk noise. I opened the door this afternoon and it was raining out if the matters. A very loud clunk, clunk, clunk sound, about 10x in total, was heard from the rear right but I could not pinpoint the sound. It sounded like a very loud version of the air suspension filling or lowering and the suspension creaking as it adjusting to leveling or height change. I decided to start the engine and the noise went away. So, I drove it and parked it for 3 hours. Got back in and it clunked 2x and this time there was a sound like an balloon was releasing air, but just for 10 seconds and not loud. I notice that the truck was leveling itself slightly. After that, no noise.

Fast forward 5 hours. Started it and no noise. No warnings/ codes.

Thoughts on where the sound might be from?
Old 02-09-2015, 04:51 AM
Lionworks Auto
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you tried playing with the leveling and see if can repeat the clunk? Might be air shock going out..also check settings as you may have "easy load" (or whatever it's called) turned on - which lowers the truck for entry every time porsche entry system is engaged (door opened/senses key, etc). Turn this off and see repeats. (In the dashboard settings). The compressor is under the back cargo lid. Keep that propped open with its kickstand and see if can identify the sound better too.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:04 PM
sfkid
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resolved.. water in the trunk and submerged subwoofer!

Thanks, Lionworks.

I checked underneath and then lifted the back to find water. The clunk noise did sound like an overextended subwoofer and buzzing was a blown amp. I should have know. My first real job was with an car audio company and I know what overextended speakers sound like. I should of known.

Looking up rear drains issues now..

Quick Reply: New 05 CTT owner, crazy clunk sound question