dark wood VS. light wood

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 06:58 PM
magicdracula
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question dark wood VS. light wood

Hello all

I'm getting my new Cayenne S in 2-3 months from now.

I will be getting a black Cayenne with a black interior. So which wood package would look better on the black leather? The Dark Wood package with steering wheel, OR the Light wood package with its steering wheel?

I've heard that the dark wood package is too dark that it looks almost black and its not very noticable when ordered with black interior.

Sadly the dealer has no Cayenne with wood to see it.

I hope if you have some photos for these 2 combinations that you can post in here.

Regards,
Rabso
Old 08-27-2003, 09:04 AM
OVRSTR
Instructor

Rabso, as I've posted before, I have a Basalt black on black with aluminum trim. What are you looking for in your interior environment? Sportiness or luxuriousness? The aluminum package is hands down the sportiest of the two while the wood packages lend an air of luxury and richness to the interior. I believe the wood packages look best with the Havana interior. However if your heart is set on the wood package with the black interior, I would definitely go with the olive wood. I've seen all the combinations and the dark wood with the black offers little contrast IMHO, while the olive wood really stands out nicely. The grain in the olive wood is beautiful too. The dark wood looks best with the gray interior and they both go well with the Havana beige. I wrestled with the sport aluminum vs. olive wood myself...it's a tough call. Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera so I can't post any pictures but a lot of the guys on the board do and I'm sure someone will post some pictures for you. Good luck...it's a great vehicle.

Mike
Old 08-29-2003, 02:32 PM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

I got a black Cayenne S with black leather inside and the dark wood. It looks great and it's not that dark that u can't see it.

Quick Reply: dark wood VS. light wood