Sponsored by:

Heating fan speed sync

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:31 PM
porsche3.2
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Heating fan speed sync

Hi when I move either the drivers or passenger side control to turn the fan up or down, both side bars move together.
Is this normal?, I would have thought as there are separate controls they would change independently.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2015, 04:09 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I see you have a bunch of questions on the functionality. If you have access to the car owner's manual, I highly recommend paging through it. These cayennes have a TON of features and quirks that are pretty much all covered in the manual. If you don't have the manual, Porsche offers a free PDF here:
http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...yenne_pcna.pdf

(One notable exception is the question generator switch on the dash center speaker grill. no idea what that does.)

Pretty sure you just need to hold the 'auto' button for two seconds to link/unlink the passenger side to the driver side.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:12 PM
ubermich
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fan speed moves together because there is only one blower motor. If you need less air on one side, you are expected to close off the vent. I'm guessing the dual switches are so the passenger need not reach all the way over to adjust fan speed (or just to make the switches symmetrical, as the same one is possibly used for LHD and RHD?)

It should be noted that the vast majority of auto climate control cars work this way, though few offer two fan speed switches.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:33 AM
MJP911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If it says "mono" it is in the mode where both sides are supposed to be in sync. To exit hold the "auto" button. This is documented in the manual.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:10 AM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AGARubberDuck
(One notable exception is the question generator switch on the dash center speaker grill. no idea what that does.)
If f you're talking about whats above the 2 central air vents...that's the windscreen vent and the control for it.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 AM
porsche3.2
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

wow luv the embossed centre rest.

Quick Reply: Heating fan speed sync