Drove a cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 12:56 AM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Drove a cayenne

When I heard Porsche was coming out with a SUV, I was like most, I couldn't believe Porsche was selling out. As I saw a couple on the street, the looks started to grow on me, but I didnt think a SUV could be a Porsche.

Well today I drove mu biddy's Turbo, and the only words that came out of my mouth was "Wow" and "Unbelieveable". The car must wiegh tons, but it felt so light around corners. It accelerates like a bat out of hell, and would spank and embarress my old 911 like theres no tomorro.

I would not replace a 911 with a cayenne, but if I had 100K to spend on a family car, I would look no further.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:17 AM
OVRSTR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agent, I too have an earlier vintage Porsche. When my Audi's lease was up two weeks ago, I was in the market for a new everyday set of wheels. I never considered the Cayenne until I drove one. The one test drive was all it took. I can't even imagine what a beast the Turbo must be. I appreciate your post. I keep telling all the doubters to shut up if they haven't driven one.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Totally agree with both of you.
Although I never thought that the Cayenne is very good looking, its lines and curves are very simple and clean. Besides, the shape of an SUV has limited what a designer can do and I don't think there is ANY SUV out there and I can say is good looking.
I would rather have a Cayenne parked next to my 911 anyday and anytime.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:04 AM
OVRSTR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: Drove a cayenne